Old 24-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Kenny

Default Tulsa Storm now all fish dead?

We had a real banger of storm run through Tulsa last night . . .
heavy rain, dime size hail . . .
All my fish are dead.
They were fine yesterday before it hit . . .

Anyone have any ideas?

Pond is 3' across by 2.5' deep?????

UGH! anyone with ideas?
Old 24-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Ka30P

Or runoff from your lawn.
Did you have any fertilizer or pesticides or
herbicides on it?
Or rapid change in the temperature of the water or just the vibration of all
the hail coming down in the water and yard surrounding (same phenomena as
pounding the ice with a hammer will do).

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 24-07-2004, 08:02 PM
AngieB

Kenny,
I'm in Tulsa too. Fortunately, I didn't lose any fish last night.
What kind of fish? I know someone who is a little overpopulated with
goldfish...I could ask them if they want to give a few away (they gave me
mine).
So sorry for your loss.
Angie
tulsamini (at) cox (dot) net

On 7/24/04 8:47 AM, in article
, "Kenny"

Old 25-07-2004, 12:28 AM
matrix j

We have a lot of torrential downpours and after a lot of rain my fish
don't eat for about a day or two...they just hover around not moving
much and when they do they try to jump out or are scratching at the
bottom of the pond like something is agitating them.

After about a day of "fasting" with "itching" all goes back to normal
like nothing ever happened. I have never lost a fish because of too much
rain....but it does affect them for sure.

Btw Isn't rain water soft?
As koi prefer hard water....

Old 26-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Kenny

Thanks to everyone who responded.
As strange as it seems, it is a toss up between the run off and the lightning.

Man, all the work and of course the age of the fish.

Oh well Mother Nature has its way doesnt it.

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 26-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Kenny

wrote:

We had a real banger of storm run through Tulsa last night . . .
heavy rain, dime size hail . . .
All my fish are dead.
They were fine yesterday before it hit . . .

Anyone have any ideas?

Pond is 3' across by 2.5' deep?????

UGH! anyone with ideas?

All dead , all dead ... Ecnerwal Edible Gardening 4 13-12-2014 01:46 AM
Goldfish Dead after Hail Storm Ken Kose Ponds 4 16-08-2011 11:14 PM
Winter Pond in Tulsa Ponds 3 23-08-2004 08:42 PM
Winter Pond in Tulsa Ponds 0 23-08-2004 01:27 AM
SOS! SICK FISH!/do all dead fish float?/Melafix?/Furanase Jo Bohannon-Grant MD Ponds 3 10-06-2003 04:08 AM