Old 29-07-2004, 12:15 AM
2pods

Default Foam ?

I noticed today we seem to have what looks like foam.
Both free floating and hanging around the fountain spout, water lillies, and
other plants.

The only thing I can think of is I decided to bring the outlet hose from the
filter back in via a waterfall, and it's coming from the rocks and cobbles ?

Touch wood the fish seem OK so far.

Peter

Old 29-07-2004, 01:40 AM
RichToyBox

The foam is probably protein on the surface of the water which foams when it
is hit by waterfall or air stones. It is harmless, though somewhat
distracting. To remove the protein, overflow the pond washing the surface
with a garden hose to the overflow point, and a lot of it will be washed
over. If it is a lot of foam and it showed up all at once, that is a sign
of spawning and you need to keep an eye on the ammonia and nitrites and not
feed until they are back under control.
--
RichToyBox

?

Old 29-07-2004, 03:47 AM
2pods

Thanks for your help.
What started as a diversion, has now become a joy :-)

I'm already thinking about next year's extension, and possibly a new pond !

Peter

newsIXNc.205283$Oq2.203947@attbi_s52...

Old 30-07-2004, 02:09 AM
RichToyBox

Spoken like a true PORG. Bigger, deeper, better, bigger, bigger, a second,
a third.
--
RichToyBox

!

Expandable foam question grubber Ponds 0 15-03-2004 11:45 PM
Greenhouse glass foam sealing tape ?? reqd for repairs gray bale United Kingdom 3 24-04-2003 01:44 AM
black foam sealant Dblburner Ponds 2 22-04-2003 11:44 PM
Foam in waterfall Carl Beyer Ponds 4 20-04-2003 04:09 AM
Anyone seen pre-made fiberglass or foam waterfalls on sale anywhere? Gareee Ponds 3 18-04-2003 03:32 AM