Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2004, 06:48 AM
GoldLexus

Default Help Construction=Dirty water!

Our pond has been reasonably clear until this week when construction started
up on the hill behind us. Anyone have and suggestions? OR are we out of luck
until construction is over (in about 4 years!)? The pond tries to clear up
at night, we are able to see the fish at least by the morning but once
construction starts up the water is so bad you can't see the fish unless
they are really close to the surface. GRRRR I hate progress! If anyone can
suggest how we can get it at least a little bit clearer I would be forever
grateful.
Thanks!
btw. We have an activated charcoal filter....we rinse the filter (3 bags of
charcoal) only once a season (we use a different pump/filter for winter)
would cleaning the filter help? Are we suppose to replace the charcoal after
a period of time or is rinsing it all we need to do? This is an inherited
pond so we are learning how to care for it.