Old 02-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Transplanting Parrot's Feather

Jim and Phyllis were kind enough to send me some PF at the beginning of the
season. I had not time to plant it so I tossed it into the VF. Well to be
more accurate I used the patented BV planting method. Anyway, it is now
overgrown and taking over the VF. I love it. I'd like to move some into the
main pond, but fear if I just grab and pull, I will destroy the beautiful
mass I have going. The shape is awesome.

So is there a good way to do this? Can I just cut some? Will it reroot?

BV.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:52 PM
how

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Jim and Phyllis were kind enough to send me some PF
snip I will destroy the beautiful
mass I have going. The shape is awesome.

So is there a good way to do this? Can I just cut some? Will it reroot?

Hi,
Yes parrot feather (Myriophyllum aquaticum) will root from cuttings. You can
snip pieces so as not to disturb the shape you have now. PF will root in
sand, gravel, soil and even find a spot by itself if planted using your BV
method.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

Old 02-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Janet

BV, just root around in the mass a little bit and you will find that it has
already sent off roots at points. I just snip it where the roots are and
plants it up immediately.... Although I admit I do use the BV planting
method from time to time as well! )
Janet in Sunny Niagara Falls

Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Janet" wrote in message
BV, just root around in the mass a little bit and you will find that it

has
already sent off roots at points. I just snip it where the roots are and
plants it up immediately.... Although I admit I do use the BV planting
method from time to time as well! )

snip

Thanks for the tip. I think next weekend nothing is scheduled, so we'll be
renting a Bobcat to level the yard (just had a pool installed, and there is
some dirt left over) and I think I will then delve into pruning and
transplanting pond plants.

BV.