Old 24-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Crashj

Default My pond pictures are up at Yahoo

You should be able to find the pictures of my pond at:

http://snipurl.com/8muv

or try:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cqurit...M7koBB5jg6G5rK

If that does not work for you.

This is definitely a project in progress, so feel free with the
comments.
The plan now is to get the water, algae, fish, plant balance going
just in time for it to freeze over.
--
Crashj
Thousands of stores,

--
Crashj
Old 24-08-2004, 11:33 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

That's was quite the cement collar you put around that, Crashj! Very nice
start, more plants as you know. ) ~ jan

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:30:26 GMT, Crashj wrote:

You should be able to find the pictures of my pond at:

http://snipurl.com/8muv

or try:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cqurit...M7koBB5jg6G5rK

If that does not work for you.

This is definitely a project in progress, so feel free with the
comments.
The plan now is to get the water, algae, fish, plant balance going
just in time for it to freeze over.
--
Crashj
Thousands of stores,
One step checkout,
http://hardie.unfranchise.com

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 25-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Crashj

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:33:19 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

That's was quite the cement collar you put around that, Crashj! Very nice
start, more plants as you know. ) ~ jan

The top is more to level the rim than anything else It is mortar and
started to crack right away. That is not a concern since it has no
structural function. The wall looks solid because I parged the inside.
The outside eventually gets covered with more rocks from the mountain.

I will make a big step forward on the plants this weekend. I have
already transplanted a bunch of mint into the filter.
Crashj "just because I can" Johnson
--
Crashj

Old 26-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Nice documentation. Nice pond. Keep us posted as it cycles. How many
gallons do you reckon are in it?

Jim
Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 26-08-2004, 03:34 PM
John

In article ,
Crashj writes:

http://snipurl.com/8muv

A couple of months ago I caught an episode of Ground Force - The new one,
sans Alan, alas. They were in San Antonio, and they built, of all things,
a fire pit the same way - A partially sunken circle of cinder blocks
cemented in place and topped with flagstones. Ever since then I've not
exactly actively hoped my preformed pond would develope a leak, but if it
did I know what I'd replace it with - A pond built exactly like yours.

Um, how'd you get all that cement mixed without your arms falling right
off?

When I relocate my identical Skippy filter into the fountain I think I'll
just create a concrete slab for it to rest on. Or, did you want the
concrete to be up in the ridges of the Plan*Tain*er?

Here's how I filled the Skippy... http://artships.com/pond.php

Lovely pond, Crashj!

John
--
An entire village where nobody's prepared to admit to being root,
and everyone has to be addressed by number because both forward

Old 27-08-2004, 02:53 AM
Crashj

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:05:39 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
wrote:

Nice documentation. Nice pond. Keep us posted as it cycles. How many
gallons do you reckon are in it?

I estimate 500 gallons based on my 3D CAD model. I will do a salinity
check once it is balanced out.
Right now I have pH 9.0, KH 3.5, ammonia nil, very few plants, and the
fish are breeding like crazy. Go figure.
--
Crashj