Old 26-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Snooze

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
My dechlor has a notice about not using it with any fish you intend to

eat.
Not that I intend to eat my GF any time soon. Makes you wonder how

harmful
it is for the fish.

The fish food I buy from my local feed shop, comes with a notice that it
should not be fed to cattle or sheep. Presumably because it's made out left
over, and downer (sick or old) cattle, in addition to leftover fish parts.
Previously slaughter house leftovers were fed to cows for the fat and
protein value, but because of mad cow concerns, it's illegal

Which brings to mind, what kind of meat do they use in cat and dog food?

Snooze

Old 26-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Bill Stock

"Snooze" wrote in message
. com...
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
My dechlor has a notice about not using it with any fish you intend to

eat.
Not that I intend to eat my GF any time soon. Makes you wonder how

harmful
it is for the fish.

The fish food I buy from my local feed shop, comes with a notice that it
should not be fed to cattle or sheep. Presumably because it's made out

left
over, and downer (sick or old) cattle, in addition to leftover fish parts.
Previously slaughter house leftovers were fed to cows for the fat and
protein value, but because of mad cow concerns, it's illegal

Which brings to mind, what kind of meat do they use in cat and dog food?

Road kill.

Snooze

Old 26-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Crashj

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:36:16 GMT, Bonnie
wrote:
Benign Vanilla wrote:
EPA: U.S. Waterways Contain Polluted Fish

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...fish_pollution

http://tinyurl.com/3s2tq

And my DH's doctor just told him to eat fish 3 or 4 times a week ;-)

God must be an iron, there is so much irony around these days.
I just sat through an interesting seminar on this very subject. Let me
summarize:
1. It is not necessarily true that we are all going to die soon
anyway. 120-130 years is feasible with what we know today.
2. Heart disease is the number one killer.
3. Fish oils (omega 3) are very good for your heart.
4. A lot of fish sold at market have minimal useful omega 3 oils and a
lot of large fish have accumulated toxins.
5. The best fish are the medium sized ones.
6. Ranch raised fish have little useful omega 3 but are reasonably
free of toxins.
The result is that you should eat ranch raised fish for nutrition and
get omega 3 oil supplements derived from medium sized fish for
nutritional benefits.
How do I know this? I spend a lot of time leaning about it.
--
Crashj

Old 27-08-2004, 09:58 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:34:30 GMT, Crashj
wrote:

The result is that you should eat ranch raised fish for nutrition and
get omega 3 oil supplements derived from medium sized fish for
nutritional benefits.
How do I know this? I spend a lot of time leaning about it.

You must have missed the article about farmed raised fish being fed food
that was high in toxins, so farm raised has become more toxic than wild:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0109072244.htm (

Again .... all thing in moderation. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 27-08-2004, 09:58 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

wrote:

The result is that you should eat ranch raised fish for nutrition and
get omega 3 oil supplements derived from medium sized fish for
nutritional benefits.
How do I know this? I spend a lot of time leaning about it.

You must have missed the article about farmed raised fish being fed food
that was high in toxins, so farm raised has become more toxic than wild:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0109072244.htm (

Again .... all thing in moderation. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

To eat or not to eat (:-) Pete[_9_] United Kingdom 1 30-10-2012 10:42 PM
Rose Hip drink Blair United Kingdom 4 19-12-2006 11:08 PM
Don't Drink the Water, or Eat the Fish Benign Vanilla Ponds 0 25-08-2004 03:29 PM
drink bottle reservoirs Pixo Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
drink bottle reservoirs Tom Elliott Australia 0 14-02-2003 08:03 AM