Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Roy

Default Happier than a pig in $%*(

Had to take the wife up to Birmingham, Alabama, (UAB) University
Hospital today for a followup from a proceedure she had done awhile
back, and one thing about B'ham is its hilly and has nothing but
rocks....Were we live in ALabama Rocks are as scarce as screendoors on
a submarine. Anytime I need rocks for anyting I have to pay for them
@50 cents a pound or more............and I must have $1,000 worth of
rocks around my little section of the pond. But today I came back
from B'ham with the entire bed of my pickup heaped and setting low
full of rock all for free, just pick it up and haul it
off.............Its a rock that resembles grey to green and brownish
red flagstone, and its in big thick sections, but its easy to split
into thin sections........guess its in the shale or slate
family.........also lots of other rock in the sandstone
family......next trip I have to take a plank or two and a ong bar so I
can get some really big ones.........\

I am originally from PA, and rocks were all over the place but here
they command a god price and sold by the pound.Never in my entire life
did I ever think I would go to a rock store and buy
rocks...........and the best part is the fellow told me to take em
all........they have been there forever and there is not enough time
left in my ife if I hauled a load every day with a big truck to carry
them all off...........These fish and water gardens has gotten ahold
of me pretty good!
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Using Plants To Make Us Happier Hippie Chick Gardening 3 09-05-2007 05:36 PM
Do you want to make your FISH happier 4 less money?? Sarah* Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 15-10-2003 01:42 PM
pig farming ofoe1 sci.agriculture 7 14-03-2003 05:32 PM
Pig Toys Oz sci.agriculture 3 17-02-2003 04:38 PM
Pig Toys Derek Moody sci.agriculture 1 08-02-2003 12:44 AM