Old 10-10-2004, 09:07 PM
HA HA Budys Here

Default Power to Your Pond

From: "JB"

I recently built a new 3,000 gallon pond. I'm currently operating my pump
(OASE Auquamax 3700) with an extension cord plugged into a GFI outlet on my
back porch to an outdoor 3 outlet power stake that I've used in the past for
Christmas lights. Obviously I need to do something more permanent. I was
looking into purchasing a Cal Pump Power Control Center or similar set up
and have an electrician hard wire this up for me but wanted to get input
from this group first.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Offer another solution? I've
pasted the specs from the control center below.

TIA

John

Includes two 120V outlets with digital timer & two additional 120V Outlets
Includes 12V low voltage transformer (150 watt capacity) with digital timer
50' 12 gauge outdoor cord
Fuse protected
Can be mounted on a post other vertical surface
Dimensions: 5 11/16" x 5" x 8" High
UL listed

All you need is a code-compliant outdoor outlet installed (to the letter of the
code - within 20' but no closer than 10') of the water's edge. There should be
a weathertight plastic or aluminum cover which will keep water out even while
the outlet is in use.

If you have more than 2 electrical devices to plug in, such as a pump and a UV
light, get a double-duplex "quad" installed. It will be mounted to a post. You
could have another post with 2 weatherproof switches on it, in a more
accessable spot for controlling one or both outlets, (Waterfall/ underwater
lights, low volt area lighting) as well as an additional outdoor outlet in a
handier spot for garden tools or low-voltage lighting.

If you require a timer or a photocell operated outlet, those can be had as
well. The professional grade stuff meant for outdoor use will long outlast any
of these plastic contraptions hawked by manufacturers.

Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants? ebrad Gardening 13 12-04-2008 03:37 AM
Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants? ebrad Gardening 9 09-04-2008 08:09 AM
Power to Your Pond JB Ponds 1 10-10-2004 04:42 PM
How did you get power for your water pumps?? cowboy Ponds 32 29-02-2004 11:36 PM