Old 08-04-2008, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants?

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow
faster?

From the book, "The Awesome Life Force", Mr. Cater says to align the
pyramid with the North Magnetic Pole and lower latitude areas benefit
more than higher latitude areas. He also says pyramids with closed
sides with a nonmetal outer layer and reflective inner layer improves
the effect.

Here's a website that sells the pyramids:

http://www.dowsing.com/Pyramid/tbltop.htm

Some of the FAQs
---------------------------------------

Q. What is pyramid energy?. (So-called Pyramid Power?)

A. Abundant evidence exists to show that "energy of form" is attracted
by, stored in, and emanated from model representations of the Great
Pyramid. Years of investigation reveal that we are dealing with a
multitude of energies, even though various researches tend to give the
phenomenon a single name.

Q. What does it do?

A. It is a fact that properly constructed Pyramid replicas (based upon
the measurements of the Great Pyramid) enhance meditation inside the
form. Models repeatedly produce preservation in organic matter and
induce accelerated growth in plants. Replicas also improve the flavor
of charged foods and liquids and sharpen or polish dull metals.

Q. Is it scientific?

A. If we are to conclude that test results are always 99% effective -
which seems to be a strict requirement by orthodox scientists - the
answer is no. Pyramid energies fluctuate due to solar and lunar
cycles. Still, successes and quality of results are remarkably high
beyond the laws of chance and mundane explanations often given by
science.

For example, some scientists claim that outside mechanical forces are
solely responsible for the phenomenon. Others declare that pyramid
replicas cause freshness in the manner of an ordinary cookie jar. But
how can they make this theory stand when organic substances are
naturally preserved within "open-frame" wire and metal tubing
pyramids, rather than enclosed ones?

Q. Will a pyramid replica mummify organic substances?

A. Numerous tests spanning several decades have established the fact
that a dehydration process takes place when living substances are cut
off from their life source (such as a plant severed from its root
system, or fruit removed from a tree). Preservation, or mummification,
generally takes place when the specimen is exposed to the Pyramid's
interior environment for a sufficient time.

....etc

http://www.dowsing.com/Pyramid/pqanda.htm
Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
, ebrad
wrote:

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow
faster?

I tried too, but the topsoil kept washing off my head when I was in the
shower, even though I did keep my pyramid hat on.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html
Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 2008-04-08 16:15:38 -0400, ebrad said:

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow
faster?

No, I don't believe is such nonsense....

What sort of nonsense do you believe in?
--

Eggs

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,

On 2008-04-08 16:15:38 -0400, ebrad said:

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow
faster?

No, I don't believe is such nonsense....

What sort of nonsense do you believe in?

My twins used pyramids and other suggested ways of accelerating growth
of peas for the science fair this spring - we grew a total of 30 plants
- 15 as controls and 15 with different supposed methods of accelerating
growth.

The net result was the 12 week old plants showed no real difference is
size or yield (flower or pod count) from pyramids vs the control plants.

Most of the other stuff did not work either.

Doug
Old 09-04-2008, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

"ebrad" wrote in message

I especially like this bit

Q. Is it scientific?

A. If we are to conclude that test results are always 99% effective -
which seems to be a strict requirement by orthodox scientists -

Nonsense. The scientific requirement is a statistically significant benefit
that can be reproduced by other investigators. Even a 10% or 20% increase in
yield or growth rate would be a huge advantage to a grower, you just have to
be able to prove that it happens.

the
answer is no. Pyramid energies fluctuate due to solar and lunar
cycles. Still, successes and quality of results are remarkably high
beyond the laws of chance and mundane explanations often given by
science.

In other words there is no statistically significant effect observed.

For example, some scientists claim that outside mechanical forces are
solely responsible for the phenomenon. Others declare that pyramid
replicas cause freshness in the manner of an ordinary cookie jar.

What on earth do you mean by that? A cookie jar keeps cookies fresh by
sealing out the air. Would you recommend that for our plants?

But
how can they make this theory stand when organic substances are
naturally preserved within "open-frame" wire and metal tubing
pyramids, rather than enclosed ones?

I see, it was just a straw man you were setting up there.

Q. Will a pyramid replica mummify organic substances?

A. Numerous tests spanning several decades have established the fact
that a dehydration process takes place when living substances are cut
off from their life source (such as a plant severed from its root
system, or fruit removed from a tree).

Revolutionary!

Preservation, or mummification,
generally takes place when the specimen is exposed to the Pyramid's
interior environment for a sufficient time.

Let me see if I have this right. If we put pyramids over things we want to
grow (transpire, metabolise etc) it will make it go better. If we put
pyramids over things we want to preserve it will do the opposite, ie prevent
those things from happening.

Where is the switch? Godfabid I should use my pyramid with the wrong setting.

David

Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Doug Houseman wrote:

In article ,

On 2008-04-08 16:15:38 -0400, ebrad said:

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow
faster?

No, I don't believe is such nonsense....

What sort of nonsense do you believe in?

My twins used pyramids and other suggested ways of accelerating growth
of peas for the science fair this spring - we grew a total of 30 plants
- 15 as controls and 15 with different supposed methods of accelerating
growth.

The net result was the 12 week old plants showed no real difference is
size or yield (flower or pod count) from pyramids vs the control plants.

Most of the other stuff did not work either.

Doug

It's that repeatability thing, iBrad, that makes for science. But, put
it to the test and wear your pyramid like a hat and see if it generates
any consciousness in that dormant organ between you ears.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 09-04-2008, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 8, 9:15*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

[...]

Surely you didn't keep reading...
Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 8, 11:01*pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*Doug *Houseman wrote:

In article ,
*Eggs Zachtly wrote:

On 2008-04-08 16:15:38 -0400, ebrad said:

[...]

Dormant organ? Tell me oh wise Billy; Which requires more brainpower,
1) asking questions or 2) denying by default that something new is
real? Is your existence so grand and fulfilled as to deny anything
else to fit in it? My god, tell me what you have, I want it!

Think of how advanced our civilization would be for people to have
blocked out new ideas before giving them equal attention. Oh, wait
they did! Here's Billy 500 years ago, "The earth is flat because I
don't believe it is round. Stop smoking your pots and go away before I
taunt you a second time."

It's all about fear, really. It's a lot safer to point and laugh at a
new idea when everyone is already convinced otherwise, because as long
as people don't change their minds, you are never wrong. Right? Let's
remember all those famous deniers of the past. Hmm, none seem to come
to mind.

I'm only pointing you out as an example, because people have free will
to think and act as they want. I just ask that their words and actions
are useful. Is anything you have said useful to me or to anyone?
Please feel free to prove me wrong. I'm sure you will try.

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just trying to make a point. If you
don't get it, well then, there may not be much hope.

cheers,

- Brad
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
ebrad wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:01*pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*Doug *Houseman wrote:

In article ,
*Eggs Zachtly wrote:

On 2008-04-08 16:15:38 -0400, ebrad said:

[...]

iBrad, free will to imagine is one thing, science is another. You
require faith, which I have not. I require proof, which you have not.
Don't confuse the desired with the real, it will just bite you in the
burro.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

"ebrad" wrote in message

[...]

Shirley? I thought his name was David.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/

[IMG] code is On

boxus pyramid Stephen United Kingdom 3 20-05-2012 10:29 PM
boxus pyramid conifer Stephen United Kingdom 2 23-09-2011 07:36 PM
Pyramid orchids Sally Thompson[_3_] United Kingdom 22 30-05-2009 09:11 PM
Fruits pyramid in my county JBT Gilles Garden Photos 0 13-05-2008 05:34 PM
Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants? ebrad Gardening 13 12-04-2008 03:37 AM