Old 14-11-2004, 07:26 PM
chagoi

Default It pays to plan ahead

Ron, KC4YOY wrote:
Bad things never happen at a good time...

Snip Snip Snip Snip Snip

It REALLY pays to plan ahead and make things easy to work on.
I didn't hardly even get my hands wet.

Happy ponding.

Ron

Yes! It does pay to plan ahead. and yes the longest part is driving to
the "Big Orange or Blue Store". But the hardest part of planning ahead
is (in my case) tying up Mega $100's in spare pumps sitting on the
shelf. Waiting for one to go bad.

I found a guy on eBay (TX). He normally ships only on a Friday. But,
when I needed a pump in a semi-hurry, I contacted him and he was
gracious enough to ship them out that day (Monday) I bought them.
And had them in 3 days.

Qty Pump Size HD or L's ebay
2 1600 GPH $245.00 @ $60.00 @
4 330 GPH $45.00 @ $19.50 @
2 1250 GPH $190.00 @ $50.00 @
7 on the shelf $685.00 $205.00 Total

At a substantial savings over HD or L. I had an extra $485.00 to spend
elsewhere. Plus the peace of mind that my Pond Pigs won't get stressed
over the loss of a pump for more than a few hours.

/\/\ike
Chagoi
http://ourkoipond DOT com

Chagoi AT ourkoipond DOT com
trooper2000 AT rcn DOT com
sarge AT itsmydoody DOT com
sarge AT allinthelineofdoody DOT com
Old 16-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Jay Adair

E-Bay has become the first place I look when I need something, and can wait
a few days to get it. Car parts, pond pumps, books, tools. Blue & Orange
are good in a pinch, but it is a rare day I can't get it cheaper on E-Bay.
I bought a pump on E-Bay, e-mailed the guy that my pond was dying without a
pump, he had it on my fornt door porch the next day. E-Bay rocks....

Jay

Old 16-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Jay Adair

[...]

rhododendrons: it pays to procrastinate Jean B. Gardening 2 10-06-2007 07:09 PM
It Pays to Advertise Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 18-07-2004 10:03 PM
It pays to shop. Andrew G Australia 2 02-07-2004 11:02 AM
it pays to be humble... K30a Ponds 1 26-06-2003 04:08 AM
Millionaire pays you for giving away his e-book for free! becsr Ponds (alternative) 0 19-03-2003 12:44 AM