Old 26-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Briguy

Default Koi fish huddle Question

Have recently noticed in thje late afternoon, sneeking up on the 6000
gallon pond, that the Koi fish gather at the surface in a tight huddle
next to each other. These 25 fish range from 2 to about 10 years old.
It is almost a mystical sight. Of course when you walk up to the pond
and they see you, they scatter and go about their routines. Are they
communicating?

Any replies would be welcome.
Old 26-11-2004, 07:14 PM

if you have good aeration in the pond, probably mystical. fish will go up into fish
bridges out of the water. no idea why they would do that. they go up and look
around. Ingrid

(Briguy) wrote:

Have recently noticed in thje late afternoon, sneeking up on the 6000
gallon pond, that the Koi fish gather at the surface in a tight huddle
next to each other. These 25 fish range from 2 to about 10 years old.
It is almost a mystical sight. Of course when you walk up to the pond
and they see you, they scatter and go about their routines. Are they
communicating?

Any replies would be welcome.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 27-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Briguy" wrote in message
om...
Have recently noticed in thje late afternoon, sneeking up on the 6000
gallon pond, that the Koi fish gather at the surface in a tight huddle
next to each other. These 25 fish range from 2 to about 10 years old.
It is almost a mystical sight. Of course when you walk up to the pond
and they see you, they scatter and go about their routines. Are they
communicating?

Any replies would be welcome.

I have similar results, but I think I can explain mine. My pond is lined on
2/3 of it's sides by turf, so very often the fish are up there fighting for
the roots, or whatever is in the roots.

BV.