Old 14-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default That Time of Year

It's getting to that time of year when the newbies begin to swim to the
bottom, stop posting and just be cold for the winter. The old timers will
undoubtly argue over whether we should use kosher salt in our ponds for
hanukah, and we'll break into a political discussion at some point about
where Canadian Maple Syrup is really any better then Mrs. Butterworth's.

I've got my wetsuit on and beer in hand. I'll be swimming at the surface all
winter. For those of you that prefer to lurk for the winter, see you in the
Spring.

In the mean time, here's a link to the latest items added to
IHeartMyPond.com, http://www.iheartmypond.com/newitems.asp, or
http://ihmp.net/@/z, and don't forget to check out our directory of
winterizing topics, http://www.iheartmypond.com/Maintenance/Winterizing/ or
http://ihmp.net/@/cd. Send us any links or ideas you have for the
Winterizing directory. We'd be happy to include them!

BV.

Old 14-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Bonnie

Benign Vanilla wrote:
It's getting to that time of year when the newbies begin to swim to the
bottom, stop posting and just be cold for the winter. The old timers will
undoubtly argue over whether we should use kosher salt in our ponds for
hanukah, and we'll break into a political discussion at some point about
where Canadian Maple Syrup is really any better then Mrs. Butterworth's.

Hi Jeff,

Well, I can answer all your questions - correctly of course.
Do you want the answers, or are you just looking to start a
conversation? ;-)

Kosher salt is much too expensive for a large size pond.

Vermont Maple Syrup is to best - but we've grown very
accustomed to Mrs. Butterworth ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 14-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Ka30P

Hmmmm, I'd have to say Canadian
maple syrup is the best, or they'll never
let me come back!

kathy :-)
3000 gallon pond
800 gallon frog bog
home of the watergardening labradors
zone 7 SE WA state
Old 14-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:
It's getting to that time of year when the newbies begin to swim to the
bottom, stop posting and just be cold for the winter. The old timers

will
undoubtly argue over whether we should use kosher salt in our ponds for
hanukah, and we'll break into a political discussion at some point about
where Canadian Maple Syrup is really any better then Mrs. Butterworth's.

Hi Jeff,

Well, I can answer all your questions - correctly of course.
Do you want the answers, or are you just looking to start a
conversation? ;-)

Kosher salt is much too expensive for a large size pond.

Vermont Maple Syrup is to best - but we've grown very
accustomed to Mrs. Butterworth ;-)

And so it begins...the winter hysteria of PORG's seperated from their ponds.

BV.

Old 14-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Ka30P

BV wrote And so it begins...the winter hysteria of PORG's seperated from their
ponds.

Winter is when the kingfisher comes back. The labradors have been informed that
spending the winter on the sofa is NOT an option. At any minute we must leap
into kingfisher deterrent maneuvers, rush out the slider (hopefully mom opened
it first), careen down the stairs, bounce around the bottom of the aspen trees
barking our fool heads off!

Old 14-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:
It's getting to that time of year when the newbies begin to swim to the
bottom, stop posting and just be cold for the winter. The old timers

You realize, of course, that that line is now indexed in Google Groups under
"top posting"...

will
undoubtly argue over whether we should use kosher salt in our ponds for
hanukah, and we'll break into a political discussion at some point
about where Canadian Maple Syrup is really any better then Mrs.
Butterworth's.

Hi Jeff,

Well, I can answer all your questions - correctly of course.

Yeah, right...

Do you want the answers, or are you just looking to start a
conversation? ;-)

Kosher salt is much too expensive for a large size pond.

In this you are correct. In any case, real sea-coast ponders evaporate
their own sea salt.

Vermont Maple Syrup is to best - but we've grown very
accustomed to Mrs. Butterworth ;-)

Oh, please. Canadian Maple Syrup is vastly superior to any
south-of-the-border variety, and magnitudes beyond poor Mrs. Butterworth.
For a real argument you need to discuss the variations between provinces
(poor Quebec lost much of it's production to a major ice storm a few years
ago, and I'm not sure they have recovered yet).

And so it begins...the winter hysteria of PORG's seperated from their
ponds.

Hysteria? No, I'm fine. Really.
--
derek

Old 14-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

Hmmmm, I'd have to say Canadian
maple syrup is the best, or they'll never
let me come back!

Correct!
--
derek

Old 14-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

BV wrote And so it begins...the winter hysteria of PORG's seperated from
their ponds.

Winter is when the kingfisher comes back. The labradors have been informed
that spending the winter on the sofa is NOT an option. At any minute we
must leap into kingfisher deterrent maneuvers, rush out the slider
(hopefully mom opened it first), careen down the stairs, bounce around the
bottom of the aspen trees barking our fool heads off!

Aren't you the indulgent Mum. My girls would love to be allowed to do that
sort of thing. Instead they're forced to pine at the windows, while the
squirrels make fun of them from the bird feeder.
--
derek