Old 31-01-2003, 05:35 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Contigency Pipes for a Stream

I have now changed my plan back to my original idea, of having a separate
pond for my veggie filter. This will result in a small stream which I like,
but I am concerned that my 2 or 5 year old will have fun building a damn one
day, and cause my pond to empty. My thought was to bury an outflow pipe form
the filter to the pond and have the stream on top of this pipe. This would
allow some water to flow thru the stream for effect, but will allow much of
the water to move thru the pipe in case of a dam?

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Old 01-02-2003, 02:25 AM
GACinMass

How about sending all the water down the stream and simply provide an overflow
pipe just in case your little engineer builds his/her dam?

~ Gary
Old 01-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Howard

That was my thinking also. Put a stand pipe (like overflow in toilet) in
the
vegi filter pond. Leave it a bit long and cut it off at the water line.
Have
the other end exit into the main pond. Heck you could even get fancy
and use it to skim the VF...

Howard

Old 01-02-2003, 07:15 PM
BenignVanilla

"GACinMass" wrote in message
How about sending all the water down the stream and simply provide an

overflow
pipe just in case your little engineer builds his/her dam?

~ Gary

So you guys mean, the main water flows down the stream.

In addition to that I have a pipe, that under normal water levels, does not
receive any input, but if the water were to rise in the veggie filter, it
would rise to this pipe, and empty into it, which in turn would dump into
the main pond? Kinda like that hole near the rim of a sink?

BV.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:53 AM
Howard

Yes.
"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
Kinda like that hole near the rim of a sink?

BV.

Safety of Copper Pipes? BenignVanilla Ponds 37 18-02-2004 02:12 PM
Pipes freezing? Dennis Clark Ponds 0 19-01-2004 04:20 PM
frozen pipes Drew Lovasi Ponds 4 16-02-2003 05:51 AM
Frozen Pipes? BenignVanilla Ponds 4 05-02-2003 11:40 PM
re Frozen Pipes? John Rutz Ponds 0 05-02-2003 05:10 PM