Old 02-01-2005, 10:26 PM
soonrgrl

Default Fish Pond question from the uneducated

I live in a neighborhood where about a dozen homes back up to a small
pond with a fountain. Apparently, our HOA decided to "stock" the pond
with fish this year. I'm not sure how deep the pond is in the center,
but I doubt it is more than 15 feet or so.

Anyway, my neighbor was out trying to push his retired Christmas tree
into the pond this afternoon. Thinking that he was turning our pond
into a trash dump, I asked him what he was doing. His reply was that
he was giving the fish a place to live, and he asked me if I knew
anything about fish. Well, since I don't, I thought I would try to ask
around and get some more expert opinions on this issue. Is this a
reasonable thing for him to do?

I am concerned that his actions will result in a broken down pump
(which obviously, costs all of the homeowners to repair) or some other
problem. He tried to push the tree out there, but because the banks
are so shallow, it only made it out a few feet and got stuck there.
(okay, you can all stop laughing now!)

I would appreciate any words of wisdom you can provide. Thanks for
your advice.