Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Lt. Kizhe Catson" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:
When we closed the pond down for the winter we found a Koinkey (goldfish

+
koi = koi donkey fish, koinkey) in the VF. We rescued him and tossed him

in

I'm curious how you recognize the cross. We have several BFK, one young
koi, and GF in a number of colours (orange comet, albino, dusky,
shubunkin, calico fantail,....). How would we tell the parentage of
some new young fish that shows up?

I am not sure how to ID the parents, and to be quite honest I might be wrong
about this Koinkey, but...

He doesn't quite look like a goldie or a koi. He looks like both. He has Koi
like coloring, and his scales have an ople...opale...a sheen that is similar
to one of our koi, so I suspect that fish is the mommy or daddy.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 10-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Crashj

On or about Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:24:17 -0500, "Lt. Kizhe Catson"
wrote something like:

Benign Vanilla wrote:
When we closed the pond down for the winter we found a Koinkey (goldfish +
koi = koi donkey fish, koinkey) in the VF. We rescued him and tossed him in

I'm curious how you recognize the cross.

The koinkey keeps making this popping noise with his mouth and asks
"Are we there yet?"

--
Crashj

Old 10-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Benign Vanilla

wrote something like:

Benign Vanilla wrote:
When we closed the pond down for the winter we found a Koinkey

(goldfish +
koi = koi donkey fish, koinkey) in the VF. We rescued him and tossed

him in

I'm curious how you recognize the cross.

The koinkey keeps making this popping noise with his mouth and asks
"Are we there yet?"

And anyone that has watched a Koi or Goldie just swim around, knows why this
made me SOMLOL.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com
http://www.iheartmypond.com/Animals/Fish/
I'll be leaning on the bus stop post.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Crashj

On or about Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:30:45 -0500, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote something like:

"Crashj" wrote in message
.. .
On or about Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:24:17 -0500, "Lt. Kizhe Catson"

I'm curious how you recognize the cross.

The koinkey keeps making this popping noise with his mouth and asks
"Are we there yet?"

And anyone that has watched a Koi or Goldie just swim around, knows why this
made me SOMLOL.

I have achieved my goal for the night.
"pop pop "
--
Crashj

Old 19-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Andrew Burgess

"RichToyBox" writes:

The carbon filters out organic materials. It will not remove potash, salt
or other inorganics.

Activated carbon removes inorganic chlorine so that rule can't be right.