Old 16-01-2005, 03:08 PM
SteBar

Default Feeding in Winter (UK)

I have an outdoor pond in the UK with a couple of Koi, a few Orfe and of
course some Goldfish.

In the "good old days" when we had cold Winters - lasting 2 or 3 months, all
the fish used to go to the bottom of the pond and hardly moved and I didn't
feed them at all.

In recent years however, the weather has been much warmer and the fish are
much more active, and often seen on the surface of the pond. Should I be
feeding them.........?

Thanks - Steve B.

Old 16-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Oxymel of Squill

I give mine a pinch or two if they look active and it's not too cold, and
more if they take it. But I suspect there's enough grub pottering round the
pond to stop them starving.

Old 16-01-2005, 08:00 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I have an outdoor pond in the UK with a couple of Koi, a few Orfe and of
course some Goldfish.

In recent years however, the weather has been much warmer and the fish are
much more active, and often seen on the surface of the pond. Should I be
feeding them.........? Thanks - Steve B.

Think of it this way, instead of feeding the fish you're feeding the
filter. Is the filter active? If not, you're just adding pollution to the
pond. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Koi winter feeding Mark Cable Ponds 10 15-12-2004 07:41 PM
Lawn feeding in winter Drummerboy United Kingdom 3 09-12-2004 05:31 PM
winter feeding Nick Ponds 3 08-12-2004 07:26 PM
Tree Root Feeding in Winter? Robert Olin Lawns 1 05-11-2003 04:32 AM
winter feeding fish *muffin* Ponds 4 18-10-2003 03:12 PM