Old 18-02-2005, 02:36 AM
kathy

Just Me wrote a house full of girls!

Mine brother-in-law's fourth daughter is getting
married this summer... he can relate ;-)
He's a sweetheart, put in a 10,000 gallon pond
for his wife.

kathy

Old 18-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Thanks. Baby is fine, Mother is fine, Sisters are fine. Daddy is a
different subject. A house full of girls! 3 Daughters. and 1 wife.

snip

My father in law survived a wife and four daughters. He's mostly normal now.
I figure JMK can't fry his pond water soaked brain any worse then that.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 19-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Just Me \Koi\

That's all I can hope for. I go out and play with my fish so that I don't
have to think about the boys my daughters will bring home some day.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 20-02-2005, 03:00 PM
news groups

kathy wrote:
jan wrote
Good to hear from you, "Just Me Koi", its been pretty quiet in here
this
winter.

Very quiet, isn't it time for someone's pond
to turn green?

kathy

I have green! :-( :-( For most of the winter here in Colorado Springs,
my pond and been crystal clear. :-) :-) Then sometimes last week, early
last week I think, I noticed I could not see the fish as clearly. Upon
a close inspection, sure enough, the water has a greenish hue to it and
is has gotten progressively greener as the week has progress. I guess
it is because all the ice has melted. Water is still very cold, 42F but
not so cold that the algae will not grow. :-( I guess I will have to
just wait it out for now.
W. Dale
Old 20-02-2005, 03:04 PM
news groups

Just Me "Koi" wrote:

That's all I can hope for. I go out and play with my fish so that I don't
have to think about the boys my daughters will bring home some day.

ROTFLOL... Yep. I am sure they will. And every day, I see some of the
boys they will be bringing home ... *sigh*. Just be sure to introduce
the boys to the girls two uncles; Uncle Smith and Uncle Wesson. You
might also introduce them to the older cousin, "I know how to use 'em".
:-) ;-)

Old 20-02-2005, 07:30 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 08:00:17 -0700, news groups wrote:

I have green! :-( :-( For most of the winter here in Colorado Springs,
my pond and been crystal clear. :-) :-) Then sometimes last week, early
last week I think, I noticed I could not see the fish as clearly. Upon
a close inspection, sure enough, the water has a greenish hue to it and
is has gotten progressively greener as the week has progress. I guess
it is because all the ice has melted. Water is still very cold, 42F but
not so cold that the algae will not grow. :-( I guess I will have to
just wait it out for now.
W. Dale

To be on the safe side, check your water parameters, if all fine, do a
20-25% water change on nice days. If you haven't been doing them all
winter, do them every 5th day if the weather is good. You probably have a
lot of nutrients in there from the fish. The fresh water will dilute it,
but don't do more than 25% (preferably 20%) or you'll upset the balance.
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 21-02-2005, 02:10 PM
news groups

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
[...]

AH... good idea! This is the first time, Jan, I have not had ice on the
pond and when it was there, it was usually 2-5 inches thick. So, I have
not done any water changes at all this winter! That is probably a good
idea. Today looks like a nice day. Mid 40's maybe. I will need to rig
up one of the pumps, return it to the pond to get started. Thanks for
the tip!
Have a happy Monday!
W. Dale
Old 22-02-2005, 02:01 AM
jedi

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Thanks. Baby is fine, Mother is fine, Sisters are fine. Daddy is a
different subject. A house full of girls! 3 Daughters. and 1 wife.

snip

My father in law survived a wife and four daughters. He's mostly normal

now.
I figure JMK can't fry his pond water soaked brain any worse then that.

My Dad survived 4 daughters, a female cousin living with us to help out, my
Mom and a female dog. He wished daughters on me but I had two sons.... I
think that was the more appropriate revenge given I was the lone female in
the house. Still I'm told there is nothing quite like teenage females for
driving you to the edge.

Words women Use - (p.s. I'm a flaming liberal feminist - how many feminist
does it take to change a light bulb "THAT'S NOT FUNNY"! - kind of
feminist.... still this seems to fit the moment and it makes me chuckle).

FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you
need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five
minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before
helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be
on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often
misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and
wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over
"Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man.
"That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding
how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're
welcome.
You may not know that many nonliving things have a gender.

For example:

1) Ziploc Bags -- They are Male, because they hold everything in, but you
can see right through them.

2) Copiers -- They are Female, because once turned off, it takes a while to
warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right
buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.

3) Tire -- Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.

4) Hot Air Balloon -- Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to
light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.

5) Sponges -- Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.

6) Web Page -- Female, because it's always getting hit on.

7) Subway -- Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.

8) Hourglass -- Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.

9) Hammer -- Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years,
but it's handy to have around.

10) Remote Control -- Female...... Ha! You thought it'd be male. But
consider this -- it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while
he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying

Old 22-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Benign Vanilla

"jedi" wrote in message
snip
Words women Use - (p.s. I'm a flaming liberal feminist - how many feminist
does it take to change a light bulb "THAT'S NOT FUNNY"! - kind of
feminist.... still this seems to fit the moment and it makes me chuckle).

snip

Just one..."Honey...will you change this lightbulb?"

Old 22-02-2005, 07:35 PM
jedi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"jedi" wrote in message
snip
Words women Use - (p.s. I'm a flaming liberal feminist - how many

feminist
does it take to change a light bulb "THAT'S NOT FUNNY"! - kind of
feminist.... still this seems to fit the moment and it makes me

chuckle).
snip

Just one..."Honey...will you change this lightbulb?"

That is what my husband says to me every time one goes out..... Of course
he thinks that since power tools, digging ponds, etc. is my domain while he
does the shopping, bill paying etc. that light bulbs are closer to my
territory....

Old 23-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Way too funny! Thanks for sharing. The "sigh" part kinda bothers me
though, because my wife uses it a lot, does that mean I am a flaming idiot
or just your regular run of the mill idiot?

--
_______________________________________

Old 23-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Just Me \Koi\

You are a feminist indeed.

--
_______________________________________

"jedi" wrote in message

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

snip

Old 23-02-2005, 01:23 AM
RichToyBox

Say JMK, is the water getting ddep in your neighborhood. From the looks of
the reports on the news, your pond should have had at least a major water
change. Hope the fish stay home.
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
You are a feminist indeed.

--
_______________________________________

"jedi" wrote in message

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

snip

Old 23-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Just Me \Koi\

It's been so much rain it's unthinkable.

Fish are fine, rain for the pond is a blessing as it's so much rain that I
don't have to worry about acid rain, and it's so much that I have been
getting clean water doing my partial changes for me automatically,
especially with so much leaves and flowers from fall and springs.

It's all good.

--
_______________________________________

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
You are a feminist indeed.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"jedi" wrote in message

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in

message

"jedi" wrote in message
snip
[...]

Is it just my bad gardening (planting my tomatoes out too late) orhas the weather just been awful for growing peppers and tomates furlow United Kingdom 16 02-09-2010 07:23 PM
Just popping to say hello wafflycat United Kingdom 22 29-04-2009 01:21 PM
Just to say.. Hi Geo United Kingdom 23 30-03-2005 07:17 PM
Hi all. It's been a while George Ponds 13 21-03-2005 01:03 AM
(LONG) Auditors say firefighters spend with a blank check Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 2 15-01-2003 06:30 AM