Old 18-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pump recommendations

Our pump went out after 7 years. Time to find a replacement. Our system
holds 3900 gal. The main pond 2900. The pump is submerged on the bottom
and pushes through a 1.5 inch line.

Recommendations? Operating cost and reliability are central in our choice.

Jim

Old 18-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Bonnie NJ

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
Our pump went out after 7 years. Time to find a replacement.
Recommendations? Operating cost and reliability are central in our
choice.

Jim

I recommend the Supreme mag-drive pump. They seem to last a very long time
and are inexpensive to run. The sizes available are quite large and I'm
sure you'd find one to accomadate your pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Kathy

I second that motion. I have 3 ponds, and never have a problem. They take
about as much electricity as a 100W light bulb, and run for at least 6 to 8
years, so far. I just added another pond in the yard, and got my punp in 7
days.We don't have any local stores that carry much pond stuff, so thank
goodness for catalogs, and the net.Only people I hear complaining are ones
who use pumps that have oil in them. KathyAZ
.net...

Old 18-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
Our pump went out after 7 years. Time to find a replacement. Our system
holds 3900 gal. The main pond 2900. The pump is submerged on the bottom
and pushes through a 1.5 inch line.

Recommendations? Operating cost and reliability are central in our

choice.

I've used 2-3 different Beckett pumps for various purposes. I've even
"accidently" run my 1000GPH Beckett dry a few times, and it has survived.
The Mag drives are very popular, but I wouldn't underestimate the
Beckett/Cheapo Depot pumps.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 20-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Yabbadoo

Don't know whether the same service exists in USA, but here in UK the pump
mfrs will take back and repair (or sell you a refurbished) pump - costs
about 60% of new.

Just a thought ... Sincerely, Len.

Old 21-02-2005, 06:21 PM
San Diego Joe

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

Our pump went out after 7 years. Time to find a replacement. Our system
holds 3900 gal. The main pond 2900. The pump is submerged on the bottom
and pushes through a 1.5 inch line.

Recommendations? Operating cost and reliability are central in our choice.

Jim

Hi guys,

I have a Tsurumi that I have been very happy with.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 23-02-2005, 09:12 PM
zookeeper

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:
Our pump went out after 7 years. Time to find a replacement. Our system
holds 3900 gal. The main pond 2900 ...

I'm so glad you asked this question -- sorry to hear about your pump though.
Our 8 yo Little Giant submersible pump recently quit as well (ran it
24/7/265 for most of that time). We're thinking about doing some replumbing
to add a bottom drain, skimmer, and maybe using a nonsubmersible pump. We
have a month or two to mull over, design and rework. Any recommendations are
appreciated.
--
Zookeeper
Oregon, USDA Zone 7

Old 24-02-2005, 01:04 AM
RichToyBox

Both of my ponds now have bottom drains, vortex filters, bead filters, and
skimmers, and between the two ponds, there are three sequence pumps running
continuously. For a low pressure, high flow pump, they are hard to beat,
though there are a couple of others that are suppose to be as good, such as
Lim's pumps.
--
RichToyBox

"zookeeper" wrote in message
"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:
Our pump went out after 7 years. Time to find a replacement. Our system
holds 3900 gal. The main pond 2900 ...

I'm so glad you asked this question -- sorry to hear about your pump
though.
Our 8 yo Little Giant submersible pump recently quit as well (ran it
24/7/265 for most of that time). We're thinking about doing some
replumbing
to add a bottom drain, skimmer, and maybe using a nonsubmersible pump. We
have a month or two to mull over, design and rework. Any recommendations
are
appreciated.
--
Zookeeper
Oregon, USDA Zone 7
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

Replacement Pump Recommendations JB[_6_] Ponds (moderated) 6 30-05-2010 11:52 AM
Solar pump recommendations Dan Deckert Ponds (moderated) 3 01-04-2007 08:17 AM
pump recommendations? David Ponds 4 23-02-2006 01:03 PM
Seeking recommendations/opinions on pump choices Robert Neary Ponds 2 24-09-2003 11:42 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Oz sci.agriculture 13 18-02-2003 05:42 AM