Old 19-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Robin

Default Biggest Koi Ever

This week my step daddy had a heart cath that turned into a
quadruple bypass, so I spent a little time visiting
Providence Hospital in Mobile, AL. They have a little man
made river that runs through part of the complex. There is
a section that runs under a walkthrough on the third floor,
and adjacent to a sitting area outside the cafeteria; where
they keep koi and brim. I could tell the koi were huge from
the third floor, but when I had lunch and got to see them up
close it was amazing. These guys had to be at least 18"
long and 14" around. People were feeding them crackers, and
there were some that could take saltines whole.

Robin

Old 19-02-2005, 01:01 AM
humBill

Maybe not the biggest Im not sure about the 'around' measurement but our
Botanical Gardens has some monsters that have to be approaching 3 feet.
Bill

Old 19-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Robin

. com...

"Robin" wrote in message
This week my step daddy had a heart cath that turned into
a quadruple bypass, so I spent a little time visiting
Providence Hospital in Mobile, AL. They have a little
man made river that runs through part of the complex.
There is a section that runs under a walkthrough on the
third floor, and adjacent to a sitting area outside the
cafeteria; where they keep koi and brim. I could tell
the koi were huge from the third floor, but when I had
lunch and got to see them up close it was amazing. These
guys had to be at least 18" long and 14" around. People
were feeding them crackers, and there were some that
could take saltines whole.

Robin

I'm terrible with dimensions, but they were taking whole
saltines so their mouth had to be at least 2" wide. Anyone
more familiar with koi dimension have a good idea how big
that would make them?

Old 22-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Dsybok

Ive seen some monsters well over 2' long, approaching 3' and had to be 15"
thick. They can get to be pretty big fish considering they can live in
captivity for up supposedly 50 plus years and are absolute pigs when it
comes to eating.