Old 08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Baltimore, MD --- Anyone Turning Pumps Back On Yet?

I am getting tempted. We had a day of close to 70's yesterday. Of course
it's snowing today.

This past year, I have done nothing for leave protection, as an experiment,
so the pond is FULL of leaves. I was thinking of turning the pump on, and
getting the BD and VF to start doing some clean up, but not sure if it's too
early.

I went back there yesterday, and something hopped in when I got close. Seems
the frogs are waking up. The fish are certainly active as well. I am not
sure of the water temp, did not have my therm with me.

So what's the plan? Bonnie you running yet? Robyn?

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 08-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Fishy

So what's the plan? Bonnie you running yet? Robyn?

My main pond is always up. The pump, biofilter, and falls run year
round. This newsgroup seems to have gone nutzo recently.

Robyn

Old 08-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Fishy" wrote in message
oups.com...

So what's the plan? Bonnie you running yet? Robyn?

My main pond is always up. The pump, biofilter, and falls run year
round. This newsgroup seems to have gone nutzo recently.

I turn mine off every year. I figure I have a bottom drain, so water temps
could be affected. Although after some testing this year, I think that may
be a farce. I may turn the pump on this weekend.

Old 09-03-2005, 02:11 AM
news groups

Fishy wrote:

So what's the plan? Bonnie you running yet? Robyn?

My main pond is always up. The pump, biofilter, and falls run year
round. This newsgroup seems to have gone nutzo recently.

Robyn

What are your winter temps like? Here in Colorado, or at least in the
Springs, we have our little pond shutting down rituals and barbecues and
ceremonies.
W. Dale
Old 09-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Benign Vanilla

"news groups" wrote in message
Fishy wrote:

So what's the plan? Bonnie you running yet? Robyn?

My main pond is always up. The pump, biofilter, and falls run year
round. This newsgroup seems to have gone nutzo recently.

Robyn

What are your winter temps like? Here in Colorado, or at least in the
Springs, we have our little pond shutting down rituals and barbecues and
ceremonies.
W. Dale

Two days ago it was in the 70's. Yesterday it was 27 without the windchill.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 AM

In , on 03/08/05
at 10:38 AM, "Benign Vanilla"
said:

I am getting tempted. We had a day of close to 70's yesterday. Of course
it's snowing today.

No pump yet - not for a while. It's still going to be cold for a while.

I went back there yesterday, and something hopped in when I got close.
Seems the frogs are waking up. The fish are certainly active as well. I
am not sure of the water temp, did not have my therm with me.

My turtle was taking a hike around the yard Monday. We returned him to
the pond, and I hope he stayed there, or he's history if caught outside
when the frigid air returned.

I'm putting in my request for toad tadpoles (and even adults.) I'll pay
for the gas it takes to bring them to me (if I was able, I'd come get
them.)

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Old 10-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Reel McKoi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
I am getting tempted. We had a day of close to 70's yesterday. Of course
it's snowing today.

The temperature plummeted so I shut the pump off until it warms up again.
It's supposed to be in the upper 20s here tonight.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Shared-Secrets is not an anonymous remailer,