Old 11-03-2005, 11:14 PM
kathy

Default Pets, pond water, could there be a market?

The whole article is entertaining (read about fish eyeballs...) but
also interesting when talking about pet drinking habits. Around here
fish flavored pond water is a big hit with the labradors over water
served in the white
porcelain dish and water from the tap - only as a last resort.

For Finicky Drinkers,
Water From the Tap
Isn't Tasty Enough

By JIM CARLTON
Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
March 11, 2005
LAWSONVILLE, N.C. -- Bill and Rhonda Fels could never get their
3-year-old, Jason, to drink enough water, and he was chronically
dehydrated as a result. So they were delighted when Jason finally found
water he liked, from a glacier-fed river Mr. Fels crossed during a hike
with Jason in the mountains.
Mr. Fels made regular trips to bring back more river water for Jason.
When neighbors started mooching his supply for their own problem
drinkers, Mr. Fels spotted a business opportunity and started a
bottling company to sell the water.
Jason is now healthy and hydrated. As a bonus, he has stopped drinking
from the toilet. The spaniel-retriever mix is now chief product tester
for the Felses' company, Springmill Products Inc., which ships a line
of bottled water called PetRefresh for finicky critters nationwide.
From their new headquarters on a former tobacco farm in Lawsonville,

N.C., the Felses sell their pet water for $1.49 per 20-ounce plastic
bottle.

(Hmmmmm, Pond Water For Finiky Pets coming to a pet store
near you??)

Read entire aritle here
http://ihmp.net/@/yf
or
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...bqaJm4,00.html

kathy
(taking back rec.ponds one post at a time)

Old 12-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Bill Stock

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The whole article is entertaining (read about fish eyeballs...) but
also interesting when talking about pet drinking habits. Around here
fish flavored pond water is a big hit with the labradors over water
served in the white
porcelain dish and water from the tap - only as a last resort.

For Finicky Drinkers,
Water From the Tap
Isn't Tasty Enough

[Big Snippo]

(Hmmmmm, Pond Water For Finiky Pets coming to a pet store
near you??)

LOL, our creatures prefer filtered water. Served chilled of course.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Reel McKoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

LOL, our creatures prefer filtered water. Served chilled of course.

========================
We have 3 dogs. For some reason they all prefer drinking from a stainless
steel bowl in the kitchen. It's the same water that's in the big bucket in
the utility room and the pail outside in their huge fenced area. However,
they'll often do without until they can get to the SS bowl. There's
something about that bowl.....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and

Old 12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
snip
(Hmmmmm, Pond Water For Finiky Pets coming to a pet store
near you??)

LOL, our creatures prefer filtered water. Served chilled of course.

When I fill the dog's bowl with filtered water, my SO laughs at me.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 12-03-2005, 07:17 PM
kathy

When one of our beagles was ill I
mixed some saltfree beef broth into his drinking
water. He seemed to really like it.

kathy :-)

Old 14-03-2005, 04:15 PM
ClaudCar

could there be a market??!!!! when the scarecrow isn't on - my cat lays
over the pond, dips his paw in the water and licks it off!
http://www.csatori.com/images/Family...0wallpaper.jpg

inside he has a waterfall waterbowl from Drs Foster & Smith - thinks he is
in heaven - course the floor gets wet - need to change it from porcelain
tile to something else - almost broke my neck last week from his romp
through the bowl. otherwise he REQUIRES his water freshly dropping from the
top spout.

SPOILED - NAW! ;-))

--
Claudia
__________________________________

Old 15-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Gabrielle

snip

(Hmmmmm, Pond Water For Finiky Pets coming to a pet store
near you??)

LOL, our creatures prefer filtered water. Served chilled of course.

When I fill the dog's bowl with filtered water, my SO laughs at me.

My cats get bottled water -- it cured my old guy's chronic diarrhea so I
don't mind doing it.

The injured mutt I rescued loves the pond and its water and won't drink
anything else. He also loves fish & turtle food and barks at the pond
denizens if they dare eat "his" food. So far it hasn't bothered either
fish or turtles.

I have thought of bottling my aquarium water, espeically the one I have
for juvenile turtles. It makes the plants grow better than commercial
forumulas!

Gabrielle
Old 15-03-2005, 02:46 AM
jedi

"Gabrielle" wrote in message
snip

(Hmmmmm, Pond Water For Finiky Pets coming to a pet store
near you??)

LOL, our creatures prefer filtered water. Served chilled of course.

When I fill the dog's bowl with filtered water, my SO laughs at me.

My cats get bottled water -- it cured my old guy's chronic diarrhea so I
don't mind doing it.

The injured mutt I rescued loves the pond and its water and won't drink
anything else. He also loves fish & turtle food and barks at the pond
denizens if they dare eat "his" food. So far it hasn't bothered either
fish or turtles.

I have thought of bottling my aquarium water, espeically the one I have
for juvenile turtles. It makes the plants grow better than commercial
forumulas!

Gabrielle

Enjoyed the image you wove.