Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2003, 04:28 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Bottom Drains and Empty Ponds

For those of you with a bottom drain...how do you protect yourself against
emptying your pond if there is a failure somewhere upstream from your bottom
drain? Originally I was going to sit my pump on a shelf to protect against
this, but now that I plan to have a bottom drain, I am concerned. I am
routing my water to a veggie filter that may or may not be attached to the
main pond via a stream. If it is, I am concerned with the stream getting
blocked and emptying my pond. I am seriously considering not having a stream
and routing the water back via pipes to prevent this.

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.