Old 23-03-2005, 03:18 AM
DD DDD

Default Protecting Pond from Raccoons part 2

First thanks to al that gave me great ideas previously. I tried the
ultrasound and scarecrow water squirter but Raccoons just ignored them
after a few days. I have a 200 gallon preform and The netting material
for birds the raccoons eat it and still eat the fish. I guess its either
plexiglass with air holes or a chicken wire. Is there stainless steel
chicken wire? That wont rust? I would keep the edge open for the thirsty
birds ect. Or is there anything else I can use. This is the 4th year I
had this pond and we even had a few ducks around. Its so small I dont
know why. I just need to keep the frogs and the wild turtles that come
and go safe as I can besides my own fish. Well thanks, hope someone has
a idea. The pond is about 5x9 not to deep. Thanks

Old 24-03-2005, 03:43 AM
DD DDD

Turtles not turkeys. But thank you for the laugh. I have enough wildlife
here, Turkeys would be interesting though. thanks

Old 24-03-2005, 11:20 PM
kathy

Hmmmmm.
A new problem.
One that I've never encountered before.
How to keep turkeys out of the pond...

Well, let's see.
I would start with displays of pilgrims, turkey basters and
footballs around the pond.
The turkey would see all the stuff and have a panic attack thinking
that Thankgiving is getting close and take off.
Or
You could set up an electric fence for bulls,
turn it up REAL high. If the turkey hits the fence you'll have
dinner taken care of.
Or
Bait a humane trap with cranberry sauce. Once caught transport
the turkey to nearest supermarket, turn loose in the frozen food
aisle so it can join all its friends, collectively known as
Butterballs.

kathy :-)

Old 24-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Bonnie NJ

I've had turkeys visit my backyard often and they have never gone near the
pond. They're much more interested in bugs and berries!

--
Bonnie
NJ
oups.com...

Old 25-03-2005, 03:27 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Okay, now I see why you E-ed me "had fun with the turkey post" un huh! ;op
~ jan

On 24 Mar 2005 15:20:01 -0800, "kathy" wrote:

[...]

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 25-03-2005, 03:28 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:31:38 GMT, "Bonnie NJ"
wrote:

I've had turkeys visit my backyard often and they have never gone near the
pond. They're much more interested in bugs and berries!

I find turkey with berries (cranberries) far more than interesting.
;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 29-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Derek Broughton

kathy wrote:

Hmmmmm.
A new problem.
One that I've never encountered before.
How to keep turkeys out of the pond...

hmmm. Turkeys... Ponds... I'm thinking Bourbon & Branch water (well, I
never _could_ figure out what branch water was)
--
derek