Old 06-04-2005, 05:43 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Shareholders Pond Spring 2005 Update

For the shareholders, an annual, spring report...

Iris peaking above water surface. Odd, I thought I sank them to the bottom.
Do I have nearly 4 foot tall Iris already? I have to split them ASAP.

Water Parsley or watercress popping up all over the place.

At least two large green frogs are already up and basking near the VF.

Possibly lost a comet, but not sure. He was moving slowly near the surface a
few days ago. Today he is nowhere to be found.

And of course, with all the rain in MD, we're orange again.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 06-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Reel McKoi

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
For the shareholders, an annual, spring report...

Iris peaking above water surface. Odd, I thought I sank them to the

bottom.
Do I have nearly 4 foot tall Iris already? I have to split them ASAP.

** I don't sink mine. I can't kill the darned things. I even planted some
in the ground by the woods after they overran the ponds.

Water Parsley or watercress popping up all over the place.

At least two large green frogs are already up and basking near the VF.

** We've had a few lonesome frogs since mid March. No lady frogs or toads
yet.

Possibly lost a comet, but not sure. He was moving slowly near the surface

few days ago. Today he is nowhere to be found.

** Same here (a shubunkin). Mine probably died or ended up frog food.
:-( He was from one of the pools behind the house.

And of course, with all the rain in MD, we're orange again.

** We're getting more rain as well, but we're turning green with mold....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...

~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 07-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Happy new year, BV.

Isn't it nice to see the ponds coming alive!

All our plants are getting under way. Lillies, arrowhed, clery, W, parrots
feather, etc. Not in full swing, tho. And the koi did grow over the
winter! The largest are well over 24" if tails count.

Have to replace our kiddie pools. The rocks folded them and we have cracks
in the dises. Jim dug them out and is installing edpm lined ponds. The 5'
diameter by 12" pools will be replaced by 5' by 5' by 15" edpm. More system
water. Lots of digging! The bottom drains will be floor fittings for
toilets.

Phyllis

Old 07-04-2005, 05:22 PM
kathy

Ah, the sign of spring, orange water, BV always does
add an interesting twist.

My pond was slightly blurry yesterday, but I can still
see the white ice cream buckets down there with jan's
lilies. Should be able to get those repotted this weekend.
We want to build another island.
Froggies are singing in the bog.

Youngest pond slave is laid up on the sofa, they took out
his broken ankle hardware after a year, cleaned up some
scar tissue and unfortunately found some arthritis :-((
He is spending his time working on a new website for moi. We're
thinking
about calling 'Blog from the Bog' ~~~~ stay tuned!

kathy :-)

Old 07-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Bonnie NJ

It's good to hear that you're keeping youngest son busy! Sorry to hear
of the arthritis though. I like that title!
I just finished cleaning the veggie filter - what a mess! I didn't clean it
throughly last year and it definitely needed a good cleaning this year.
It's
done now and the rain is supposed to arrive later this afternoon to help
with the filling. DH shut the outside waterfaucet for the winter and has
yet
to turn it back on - I can't budge it so it's up to the rain until he gets
around
to it.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 07-04-2005, 06:44 PM
DKat

I don't know who the original poster was (I kill filed a lot of people that
were responding to the religious groups that I probably should not have kill
filed...) BUT

I was unable to function when my arthritis hit. The doctor I saw simply
gave me pain medication that did nothing. I was lucky to know someone whose
specialty was the immune systems and he told me about Glucosomine. My only
problem with it is that it works so well that on occasion I forget to take
it (forgetting I have arthritis). You can now get it in the grocery store.

nk.net...

Old 07-04-2005, 07:01 PM
kathy

DKat wrote Glucosomine

Oh, this is good to hear. DH and I take it, just because we
are over 45. We started youngest son on it yesterday.
Glad to hear it works!

kathy :-)

Old 08-04-2005, 12:34 AM
news group

kathy wrote:

Ah, the sign of spring, orange water, BV always does
add an interesting twist.

My pond was slightly blurry yesterday, but I can still
see the white ice cream buckets down there with jan's
lilies. Should be able to get those repotted this weekend.
We want to build another island.
Froggies are singing in the bog.

Youngest pond slave is laid up on the sofa, they took out
his broken ankle hardware after a year, cleaned up some
scar tissue and unfortunately found some arthritis :-((
He is spending his time working on a new website for moi. We're
thinking
about calling 'Blog from the Bog' ~~~~ stay tuned!

kathy :-)

"Pond slave" LOL :-) :-) . Nice!

W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib
Old 08-04-2005, 12:54 AM
dkat

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
DKat wrote Glucosomine

Oh, this is good to hear. DH and I take it, just because we
are over 45. We started youngest son on it yesterday.
Glad to hear it works!

kathy :-)

Luckily I don't have you blocked. I just somehow missed your message. I
should add that I also take Calcium Magnesium Citrate with my Glucosamine
and I don't take the chondroitin that often gets added to it (and makes it
much more expensive).

Old 12-04-2005, 03:38 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

DKat wrote Glucosomine

Oh, this is good to hear. DH and I take it, just because we
are over 45. We started youngest son on it yesterday.
Glad to hear it works!

kathy :-)

You probably already know this, but it can take up to 3 months to see
affects. One thing about it, if you forget to take it, it has a long
residual affect, so missing several days one shouldn't notice much
difference, supposedly. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~