Old 10-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Corey B. Baker

Default the Prodigal Ponder Returns

Hi gang,

It's been over four years since I last lurked this board. I naively and
arrogantly believed that my pond was balenced, maintained, and infallible.
Unfortunately, I did not foresee a large tear forming on the bottom of the
deep end of my pond over the winter. Unfortunately, I did not realized it
until the ice cap, which was hovering supported by the shallow portion,
melted fully. Amazingly, I only lost two fish total (although I'm never
really sure of how many spawn there is from one year to another). All of
the fish were found in a 2' x 2' puddle that was three inches deep; even the
three koi. Luckily, this part must have been below the frost line, although
I don't know if that is possible to prevent them from freezing. I have the
fish over crowded in a preformed pond while I reshape and possibly enlarge
the pond. The last time I frequented the group, several of you sold pond
liner online. I'd appreciate if you could post your websites so I know
where to go when I'm ready to order.

By the way, I really don't recommend PVC liner. IMO, six years is too soon
to replace the liner. I'm willing to entertain any other suggestions for a
liner.

Corey

Old 10-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Reel McKoi

"Corey B. Baker" wrote in message
Hi gang,
By the way, I really don't recommend PVC liner. IMO, six years is too

soon
to replace the liner. I'm willing to entertain any other suggestions for

liner.

===========
We have Tetra 60 mil EDPM, or is that EPMD liners since 1995. No tears yet.
;-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Hi Corey,

It is great that your fish made it!

Jim is just finishing replacing our kiddie pools. One of them cracked
and he is pulling both. They are about 7 years old. EDPM will be the
replacement. It goes 20 yrs or so. We find it easy and durable. He is
using a toilet flange for the bottom drain.

Good luck.

Phyllis

Old 10-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Ann in Houston

Corey,
I used to sell HDPE and although some here are happy with theirs,
I was not happy with mine and consequently I quit selling it. I do
suggest EPDM. Good luck with your new pond.
Ann

Old 13-04-2005, 04:30 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

45 mil EPDM here, 10 years, so far so good.

Kencofish.com use to sell permalon, not sure if that is the same stuff that
Ann mentions. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~