Old 19-04-2005, 11:39 PM
kc

Default flood underneath my liner

Well, I thought I was so clever moving my waterfall to a better spot on my
pond, but imagine my surprise when I came home (with 2 new koi) to an almost
empty pond. Yes, I had not checked the placement of where the waterfall
was coming out well enough and it was dripping back behind the liner causing
it to lift up in several spots and empty out the pond.
So I'm filling the pond back up with water and plenty of declor, but
will the water that is under the liner eventually soak into the ground so
that I won't have these raised spots forever I hope?
Kirsten

Old 20-04-2005, 12:58 AM
RichToyBox

If the pond is higher than the surrounding ground, as is recommended to
prevent runoff from running into the pond, then as you fill the pond, and
get the water level in the pond higher than the surrounding area, the water
under the liner will flow out from around the liner. If not, and the soil
is somewhat permeable, not pure sticky clay, then in time the water will
percolate down into the ground. If the soil is pure sticky clay, you may
need to put a pipe down along the edge of the liner and hook a pump to it to
get the water out.
--
RichToyBox

Old 20-04-2005, 01:58 AM
~Roy~

One thing that is a possiblity is dirt (mud) may have now washed into
these areas from water flow, so there may be a bulge were there was
none before and a hollow where there was none before and even if the
water goes out it still will not lay like it did before.

Old 20-04-2005, 01:24 PM
kc

Thanks, all, it does seem to be getting better....I did take the opportunity
to clean out the pond better and found two things: some disgusting little
pink worms (!) and that my lily pot that was sunk in the bottom of the pond
no longer has any lily bulb in it--do you think that the fish ate it? I've
searched through all the dirt and there's no longer any plant material in
it.
Kirsten

Old 22-04-2005, 03:48 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:24:53 -0400, "kc" wrote:

Thanks, all, it does seem to be getting better....I did take the opportunity
to clean out the pond better and found two things: some disgusting little
pink worms (!) and that my lily pot that was sunk in the bottom of the pond
no longer has any lily bulb in it--do you think that the fish ate it? I've
searched through all the dirt and there's no longer any plant material in
it.
Kirsten

Imho, it might have died and rotted away. I wouldn't blame the fish as the
rhizome would still be there, at least parts of it. They might eat the
greenery off, but they couldn't make much of a dent in a healthy rhizome.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~