Old 15-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Richard Holub

Default stone dust

Iam about to start digging my pond and I have a question about the bottom
fill. I am excavating approximately 4 feet deep of clay in a previously
filled clay area. Prior to installing an underlayment to protect my liner I
was thinking to put about 4-6 inchest of compacted stonedust covered with
several inches of sand for extra protection. Any comments on the stonedust?

Rich Holub

Old 15-05-2005, 02:18 PM
~Roy~

Can't really see any additional advantage to adding stone
dust.........unless you already have it and looking for a means to get
rid of it. Sometimes I wonder if it is a good idea to havbe the hole
into which a liner is placed permeable or not......but it may make it
more undesireable for any critters that like to dig.......

They sell what is called crush and run around here which is a very
very fine crushed stone with lots of dust and tailings, and nce its
wet and compacted through use, it becomes very very hard. SO perhaps
this stone dust would do the same and be counter to having a cushioned
surface under the liner..........

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:09:03 -0400, "Richard Holub"
wrote:

===Iam about to start digging my pond and I have a question about the bottom
===fill. I am excavating approximately 4 feet deep of clay in a previously
===filled clay area. Prior to installing an underlayment to protect my liner I
===was thinking to put about 4-6 inchest of compacted stonedust covered with
===several inches of sand for extra protection. Any comments on the stonedust?
===
===Rich Holub
===

Old 15-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Reel McKoi

Richard Holub wrote:
Iam about to start digging my pond and I have a question about the bottom
fill. I am excavating approximately 4 feet deep of clay in a previously
filled clay area. Prior to installing an underlayment to protect my liner I
was thinking to put about 4-6 inchest of compacted stonedust covered with
several inches of sand for extra protection. Any comments on the stonedust?

Rich Holub

NO NO NO!, You make a freaking hole in the ground. Then You steal your
neighbors children pool. you stick it in the ground, and Voila! you have
a pond. And you dont have to put real fish in there neither. Go to the
dollar store and buy some plastic fish. Put a small weight a the bottom
of the plastic fish, and throw it into your pond. there you go
Maintainence Free Pond. And when the health dept comes around because
you have a mosquito nursery; don't open the door. Works for me here in
Nashville. In fact, my neighbor who had a miniature pony and crap lie
crazy died from the west nile diesaese. from a mosquito from my pond.

CR....
All the JWs wish for is walking around the COUNTRYSIDE (never any towns
pictured in the WT rags) smiling like the village idiot and carrying
baskets of veggies and fruit with them. Also note they all live in suit
pants and dress shirts. The women live in housedresses of 1952
vintage.....
and they call that paradise? Any normal human being would rapidly be bored
to death looking at trees, grass, each other's ever smiling faces and
eating
a vegetarian diet.
They'd soon be longing for a good book, a movie, a Mall or a steak
dinner..... (Carol)

Old 15-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Reel McKoi

Another forged header