Old 17-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

Default Okay, so what is this thing??

Sorry for the poor pics. He was on the move and so was I. Just when
the camera would focus, it would go out of focus. I feel like I'm
trying to capture bigfoot! He's maybe 1/2 to 3/4" in length.

http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug1.jpg
http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug2.jpg

I mostly see him under water but caught him doing a land crossing. TIA

Old 17-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Elaine T

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Sorry for the poor pics. He was on the move and so was I. Just when
the camera would focus, it would go out of focus. I feel like I'm
trying to capture bigfoot! He's maybe 1/2 to 3/4" in length.

http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug1.jpg
http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug2.jpg

I mostly see him under water but caught him doing a land crossing. TIA

Dragonfly larvae, I think.
http://www.btinternet.com/~andyharme...nflylarvae.htm

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 17-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

Elaine T wrote:

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Sorry for the poor pics. He was on the move and so was I. Just when
the camera would focus, it would go out of focus. I feel like I'm
trying to capture bigfoot! He's maybe 1/2 to 3/4" in length.

http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug1.jpg
http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug2.jpg

I mostly see him under water but caught him doing a land crossing. TIA

Dragonfly larvae, I think.
http://www.btinternet.com/~andyharme...nflylarvae.htm

Well, I'll be!! So that's what them little buggers are! Cool!!

Old 18-05-2005, 01:08 AM
kathy

He sheds his skin as he grows.
The last time he'll crawl out of the pond,
on a plant stem if one is handy, and split
the back of his skin and out will come wings.
He'll hang out for a long time waiting for them
to dry and then fly away. You'll probably have
the next generation deposited as eggs in
the pond by fall.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
(plan on having dragonflies up this coming week!)

Old 18-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Reel McKoi

"mark Bannister" wrote in message
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Sorry for the poor pics. He was on the move and so was I. Just when
the camera would focus, it would go out of focus. I feel like I'm
trying to capture bigfoot! He's maybe 1/2 to 3/4" in length.

http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug1.jpg
http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug2.jpg

I mostly see him under water but caught him doing a land crossing. TIA

Dragon fly larva.

====================
Which catch and eat small fry. :-(
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"Please check people's headers for forgeries

Old 18-05-2005, 11:30 AM

Sounds like the movie "Silence of the Koi"

Old 18-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Derek Broughton

mark Bannister wrote:

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Sorry for the poor pics. He was on the move and so was I. Just when
the camera would focus, it would go out of focus. I feel like I'm
trying to capture bigfoot! He's maybe 1/2 to 3/4" in length.

http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug1.jpg
http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug2.jpg

I mostly see him under water but caught him doing a land crossing. TIA

Dragon fly larva.

Nobody said "Hellgramite" (which is a dragonfly larva). I haven't a clue
where that name came from, but it gives a much better connotation of just
what the larva is like than "dragonfly larva" :-)
--
derek
Old 19-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Reel McKoi

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Sorry for the poor pics. He was on the move and so was I. Just when
the camera would focus, it would go out of focus. I feel like I'm
trying to capture bigfoot! He's maybe 1/2 to 3/4" in length.

http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug1.jpg
http://www.bunchobikes.com/bug2.jpg

I mostly see him under water but caught him doing a land crossing. TIA

It was happems when you pee in the pond and sperm mixes in with insects
it is called a Mckoi bug

Old 19-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Kathy

And then you can mix him with chocalate pudding and serve it to your
neighbour. They would never know.