Old 18-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Alex Woodward

Default comet spawning

A couple of weeks ago, my sarasa comets began chasing each other. I put this
down to the fact the weather had warmed up which had probably turned them
frisky. Assuming they have spawned, when will I begin to see the fry?

At the moment, I have some oxygenators at the bottom of the pond, and a
patch of duckweed about 2 sq/ft where they could hide. All other marginal
plants are very close to the surface so they have no where to hide there.

Alex

Old 18-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Reel McKoi

"Alex Woodward" wrote in message
A couple of weeks ago, my sarasa comets began chasing each other. I put

this
down to the fact the weather had warmed up which had probably turned them
frisky. Assuming they have spawned, when will I begin to see the fry?

## Probably in less than a week. But they will hide for awhile.

At the moment, I have some oxygenators at the bottom of the pond, and a
patch of duckweed about 2 sq/ft where they could hide. All other marginal
plants are very close to the surface so they have no where to hide there.

## Some will surely manage to survive. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 19-05-2005, 04:59 AM
George

"Alex Woodward" wrote in message
A couple of weeks ago, my sarasa comets began chasing each other. I put this
down to the fact the weather had warmed up which had probably turned them
frisky. Assuming they have spawned, when will I begin to see the fry?

At the moment, I have some oxygenators at the bottom of the pond, and a patch
of duckweed about 2 sq/ft where they could hide. All other marginal plants are
very close to the surface so they have no where to hide there.

Alex

The fry will remain very small for several weeks. Unless you make a conscious
effort, and disturb where they are hiding, you likely won't see them until they
get at least 3/8-1/2".

Comet-Mouth Problem Szpond Ponds 7 15-10-2003 03:02 PM
My Comet David Hahn Ponds 4 07-08-2003 04:42 AM
dead koi/upside down comet info Bruce Ponds 7 02-08-2003 06:13 PM
Spawning Part II MPEG Video of My Koi spawning are now on mad Ponds 0 29-03-2003 03:32 PM
Spawning Part II MPEG Video of My Koi spawning are now on line. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 7 28-03-2003 05:32 AM