Old 25-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Reel McKoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

Just so you know, this is both a civil /and/ a criminal violation.

There's a lot of half wits out there that think that just because it's
the internet, it's some kind of new frontier. Assuming someone else's
identity is a crime, even on the internet.

A few years ago some spammers got the bright idea of spamming some
company, but using valid email addresses of actual company employees
as fake return addresses.

They picked the wrong company, one known for its crack team of murderous
lawyers.

The company's response was novel.

Instead of simply suing the fellows, they sued the district attorney.

It's not very often used as a technique. Basically, what you have to
know is that you can /force/ a district attorney to make a criminal
case against another party under certain circumstances.

The two spammers were convicted.

Of felonies.

It's not like you can get those off your record...

================================
Thanks for the information. He has used my old name and real e-mail address
in the past (to post to sex and gay NGs among others). My old ISP has all
the information as do I. It may be something worth looking into.....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 25-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Cracklin'

"Courageous" wrote in message

Thanks for the information. He has used my old name and real e-mail

address
in the past (to post to sex and gay NGs among others). My old ISP has

all
the information as do I. It may be something worth looking into.....

With that sort of behavior, and proof, you could get a restraining order
easily. You have grounds for invasion of privacy, harrassment, libel per
se, misapprehension of your identiy, and so on. Civil litigation would
be a slam dunk. You could quite possibly take away his internet access
altogether. One or two misdemeanors, a felony, and many various different
and ample grounds for civil litigation.

Did I mention that you cannot declare bankruptcy out of civil judgements
resulting from criminal conduct in some states?

Scorched earth type of stuff.

'Course, as they say, one cannot get blood out of a turnip.

Be that as it may, one can certainly make turnip juice.

C//

==================================
I've already spoke to the Camden Police (Det. Gibson) last year when he
threatened to "hunt" me down, made remarks about getting my credit
information, poisoning my fish etc. I should have spoke to Det. Gibson
about the identity issues as well. Why my old ISP chose not to "act" when
Jab's slandered his company regarding kiddy porn is unknown to me.... Jab's
has been getting away with this behavior for well over 12 years here on
Usenet.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 25-05-2005, 12:56 PM
~Roy~

Yet another cyber space lawyer!

===

Old 26-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Courageous

It looks like some people who should *know better* are also fooled by Jab's
using Reel McKoi and Cracklin'. He also uses a remailer service and then
claims all remailed messages are from me.

Old 27-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Reel Mckoi

I want to eat some fried goldfish.

Old 27-05-2005, 03:15 AM
Reel Mckoi

DE wrote:

No, Carol you continue to feed the troll which just keeps this going.

At least Kenn's mistake can be presumed to have been innocent.

What does it take to get through to you? Your own friends on rec.ponds
have told you the same thing, you promised them too that you would
exercise some self-control ... and within 2 days you are responding AGAIN.

I can do whatever I want whenever I want. You are not my Mother. And if
you were I would slap you silly.

This would have gone nowhere if only you had some self-control; instead,
you've now turned a whole bunch of people against you who would
initially have been completely on your side, JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T
CONTROL YOURSELF and want others to do it for you.

Your lack of consideration is RUDE, it's INSULTING, it's INCONSIDERATE
of the people you claim are your friends on rec.ponds.

Ask THEM, Carol ... but you'll still keep saying you HAVE to respond, no
matter what anyone tells you, because you just can't seem to get a clue,
no matter how many times so many people tell you to just SHUT UP ABOUT
IT and it will then become ineffective.

You are what is known as an "enabler"; Jabbers would be powerless were
it not for your constant cooperation in keeping this going.

-- DE

DE, you are busy body. Hop in bed with Robb and let me do what is needed.

-----------------
CR...

I got a boogie in my nose

Old 28-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Reel McKoi

Courageous wrote:

Just so you know, this is both a civil /and/ a criminal violation.

C//

Yeah, even If I only use fake identities

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Old 28-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Reel McKoi

DE wrote:
MartinS wrote:

DE wrote:

No, Carol you continue to feed the troll which just keeps this going.

##SO ?

Isn't that what you are doing? ;-)

In a way, but only because it's obvious by now that she refuses to get a
clue no matter how many people tell her. I suppose I keep hoping some
of the rec.ponds people will beat it into her somehow.

But IAC I don't call myself a "victim" over it, and there's not much
else to rant about these days so I just consider it good for getting my
BP going before the 2nd cuppa.

Funny thing is, I really do "feel" for the rec.ponds people, who don't
care so much WHO posts as what is being discussed. What Carol can't
seem to figure out is that it doesn't matter what Jabbers posts, they
will ignore him if it's not ponds-related, so she doesn't HAVE to keep
posting those denials but she's going to keep dumping the posts there
anyway until everyone has her filtered out for good ... thus giving the
win to the disruptor, as she offers herself up as an enabler time after
time instead of ignoring him and so easily defeating the disruptive intent.

Me, though, I'm just doling out little slaps to those who walk around
with the signs reading "HIT ME AGAIN, PLEASE!"

-- DE

If I saw you face to face, I would slap you down!

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...