Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Wilmdale

Default But you just keep on...

What an unpleasant surprise when I went outside this morning. There was
a very 'nice' storm here in Colorado Springs last night and the drumming
of the rain was a great sleep aid. However when I went out side there
were leaves all over the place and as I checked on the small water lily
pads I could see where there much have been hail last night as well.
Looked all around and saw shredded plants every where. :-( :-( . Ever
the taro leaves were gone as well as some of the parrots feather. So
today, 'we' start over. Fortunately it is the Pikes Peak Water Garden
Society annual plant sale. :-) :-) . That's where I will be them morning!
Have a great one, all!
W. Dale

Old 04-06-2005, 02:25 PM
kathy

Ouch!
Hope you find some good buys!

kathy :-)

Old 04-06-2005, 02:40 PM
~Roy~

The lily and taro will recover, as I am sure the PF will. PF is kind
of hard to destroy. My leaves on the plants in and around our pond had
been shredded quite a few times earlier this year, and now its next to
impossible to even tell. Leave the plants alone, and don't trim the
leaves off until they start to die or turn yellow/brown. Its all part
of ponding.......

Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Reel McKoi

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Fortunately it is the Pikes Peak Water Garden
Society annual plant sale. :-) :-) . That's where I will be them morning!
Have a great one, all!
W. Dale

===========================
Good luck. I hope you find some good deals and plants you don't already
have.

Hail damage isn't usually fatal to pond plants.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Wilmdale

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Fortunately it is the Pikes Peak Water Garden

Society annual plant sale. :-) :-) . That's where I will be them morning!
Have a great one, all!
W. Dale

===========================
Good luck. I hope you find some good deals and plants you don't already
have.

Hail damage isn't usually fatal to pond plants.

Well, I went to the sale. WH $4 ea., PF (per bunch) $4, Water Lettuce
$4 ea. Not the best prices, but it is our annual fundraiser sale so I
really did not mind paying that price. It is all in the veggie filter
and now I am waiting for the warm weather to return. :-) .
Yes, I am sure the shredded plants will come back sometimes this
summer. Our ponding season is just so short out here in the cooler
climates. I am sure things should be pretty good by the middle or end
of June. Shoot, I might even have clear water by then! LOL :-P
Great day all!
W. Dale

Old 04-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Cracklin'

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

=========
Well, I went to the sale. WH $4 ea., PF (per bunch) $4, Water Lettuce $4
ea. Not the best prices, but it is our annual fundraiser sale so I really
did not mind paying that price.

## Wow! Those prices are higher than we pay here when they're not on sale.
But if it's a fund-raiser sale.....

It is all in the veggie filter and now I am waiting for the warm weather to
return. :-) .

## This year the parrot's feather completely took over the veggie
filter-settling tank. Only some Pickerel weed is thriving with it. I had
to remove the WL as it was being squeezed out.

Yes, I am sure the shredded plants will come back sometimes this summer.
Our ponding season is just so short out here in the cooler climates. I am
sure things should be pretty good by the middle or end of June. Shoot, I
might even have clear water by then! LOL :-P

## Here in TN we have a long growing/pond season and I love it!!! :-)))

Great day all!
W. Dale
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...