Old 17-06-2005, 02:13 AM
*muffin*

Default lotus question

I am trying *again* to grow a lotus in my pond.
(years ago in my OTHER residence I had no problem with lotus, they took off
all over)

last year they refused to grow.

this year 2 weeks ago I bought another ,, had the place PLANT it for me in a
basket, they said be very careful to not break leaves ( as they bleed yucky
& it will kill plant) etc. it had one growing point on it, which has
turned into a floating leaf......... 2 weeks, that's it...... when will it
grow anything else???

btw, if you have to be that delicate of it,, how do you keep the frogs from
damaging it?? ( I KNOW I didn't have problems with the past ones)

Old 17-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Reel Mckoi

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I am trying *again* to grow a lotus in my pond.
(years ago in my OTHER residence I had no problem with lotus, they took

off
all over)

last year they refused to grow.

## For some reason my Lotus didn't do much last summer either. Not one
bloom and the leaves were nothing to brag about. This year it's growing
fine! I did add more Jobe's Rose Spikes to the soil plus some 10-10-10 and
Kitty litter to cover that. I'm not sure that's the whole answer though. I
plan top move it into a 50 gallon kiddy pool of it's own this fall. No
flower buds yet but it's got plenty of large, pretty, healthy, green leaves
and more coming up.

this year 2 weeks ago I bought another ,, had the place PLANT it for me in

basket, they said be very careful to not break leaves ( as they bleed

yucky
& it will kill plant) etc. it had one growing point on it, which has
turned into a floating leaf......... 2 weeks, that's it...... when will it
grow anything else???

## Have you fertilized it? Is the water at least 70 degrees? Lotus like it
warm. Like some other plants my Lotus doesn't do much until the nights are
warm.

btw, if you have to be that delicate of it,, how do you keep the frogs

from
damaging it?? ( I KNOW I didn't have problems with the past ones)

## So far the frogs haven't damaged mine.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 17-06-2005, 06:52 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

How's the weather been? Lotus, though hardy, like it hot to really get
growing. ~ jan

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:13:59 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

I am trying *again* to grow a lotus in my pond.
(years ago in my OTHER residence I had no problem with lotus, they took off
all over)

last year they refused to grow.

this year 2 weeks ago I bought another ,, had the place PLANT it for me in a
basket, they said be very careful to not break leaves ( as they bleed yucky
& it will kill plant) etc. it had one growing point on it, which has
turned into a floating leaf......... 2 weeks, that's it...... when will it
grow anything else???

btw, if you have to be that delicate of it,, how do you keep the frogs from
damaging it?? ( I KNOW I didn't have problems with the past ones)

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 17-06-2005, 06:59 AM
*muffin*

the weather this past week has hit 90 for 5 days!

(I'll have to check the pond temps)

Old 17-06-2005, 08:10 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:59:35 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

the weather this past week has hit 90 for 5 days!

Oh well, gee, I would think that would kick start them! ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
Lotus question Ted Ponds 1 09-05-2003 02:32 AM
lotus question ande Ponds 9 23-04-2003 01:08 PM
Nedra/Lotus question Lee Brouillet Ponds 5 31-03-2003 07:08 PM