Old 22-07-2005, 03:06 PM
mark Bannister

Default The gods of algae blooms have a sense of humor

I finally gave up and ordered an UV clarifier. The pond will be covered
with an arbor someday but for now it gets too much sun. The algae bloom
has been heavy for 5 weeks plus.
The very day the UV arrived the algae was gone. Crystal clear to the 3'
bottom. I installed it anyway. The algae gods are such smart alecks.
They must be more like algae pixies rather than gods.
Mark B.
Old 22-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Reel Mckoi

"mark Bannister" wrote in message
I finally gave up and ordered an UV clarifier. The pond will be covered
with an arbor someday but for now it gets too much sun. The algae bloom
has been heavy for 5 weeks plus.
The very day the UV arrived the algae was gone. Crystal clear to the 3'
bottom. I installed it anyway. The algae gods are such smart alecks.
They must be more like algae pixies rather than gods.
Mark B.

======================
We recently refilled our 2000 gallon pond (after repairs). It turned GREEN
before we even replaced any fish. Within 24 hours of replacing the fish it
was so green we couldn't see them until they came up to be fed. Then - in
just 2 days it turned clear as glass - go figure! We have UV lights but
haven't used/needed them in a few years.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 22-07-2005, 04:09 PM
kathy

Algae blooms were invented to
keep us humble.

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ the rat-tail maggot!

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 22-07-2005, 09:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I finally gave up and ordered an UV clarifier. The pond will be covered
with an arbor someday but for now it gets too much sun. The algae bloom
has been heavy for 5 weeks plus.
The very day the UV arrived the algae was gone. Crystal clear to the 3'
bottom. I installed it anyway. The algae gods are such smart alecks.
They must be more like algae pixies rather than gods.
Mark B.

I'm thankful to the pond goddess or pixies, that at least it didn't clear
up the day after you installed the UV, then we have to hear how great a
UV is. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 22-07-2005, 09:45 PM
mark Bannister

I'm thankful to the pond goddess or pixies, that at least it didn't clear
up the day after you installed the UV, then we have to hear how great a
UV is. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Just reminds us of what complex systems we are dealing with.
Mark B.

My Philodendron has a SENSE OF HUMOR! iL_WeReo Gardening 0 07-02-2008 02:28 AM
Gods thought on lawns Roy Hauer Gardening 2 13-08-2003 04:12 AM
The rose gods Unique Too Roses 9 12-07-2003 09:32 PM
I have Angered the Pond Gods BenignVanilla Ponds 16 07-07-2003 01:44 PM
Burning Issue: Runner Beans & Sense of Direction Neil Trotter United Kingdom 8 15-06-2003 12:32 PM