Old 18-08-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Flower Shop Roses?

Hi,

I have a question...two really, lol:

What variety of rose is it that you see sold in longstemmed bouquets by
flower shops, and where can I find a bush of that variety to plant in
my yard? I would really love to find a red or yellow rosebush of that
variety... assuming of course it'll even thrive here in the South (will
it?... I guess that's 3 questions....lol!). I live in Alabama.

Thanks!
Jason

Old 19-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Gail Futoran

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have a question...two really, lol:

What variety of rose is it that you see sold in longstemmed bouquets by
flower shops, and where can I find a bush of that variety to plant in
my yard? I would really love to find a red or yellow rosebush of that
variety... assuming of course it'll even thrive here in the South (will
it?... I guess that's 3 questions....lol!). I live in Alabama.

Thanks!
Jason

Go to www.helpmefind.com

Search on roses, using the criteria that interest
you (e.g. color and form). Find roses that
meet your criteria and are available in your
country. Not all roses listed are still available
in commerce and many roses are available only
in certain countries. Yellow and red roses are
very common, however, and you should have no
trouble finding those colors.

Local nurseries that sell roses should have
information about which roses do best in
your area. Additionally, if you have a local
botanical garden, they would be another
good source of info.

The flower shop flowers are grown under
conditions that do not in any way shape
or form relate to anyone's garden! They are
grown under very specialized conditions in
(IIRC) hothouses. You really should not
set your sights to replicate those if want
you truly want is garden roses. There are
dozens of varieties that would suit your
purposes.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8