Old 21-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Jane

Default Happy Spring!

It's Spring! The Tulip bulbs are just beginning to poke through and the
roses are starting to show signs of life. I thought it would never get
here.My new roses are planted and the rain yesterday helped them get
settled. Happy Spring!

Jane

Old 22-03-2003, 03:32 AM
Allegra

"Jane" wrote in message
It's Spring! The Tulip bulbs are just beginning to poke through and the
roses are starting to show signs of life. I thought it would never get
here.My new roses are planted and the rain yesterday helped them get
settled. Happy Spring!

Jane

Where? ah, where you are! so, don't you know it is not in
good taste to count money in front of the poor? Rain,
rain, and more rain here. Cold, cold and more cold here.
The little daffodils across the street look like they needed a
blanket, they were shivering this morning, it felt like sleet
and it doesn't look at all like I am going to be able to plant
two flats of gorgeous pansies on the window boxes as I
thought I would this weekend.

But I am happy for you, honestly.

Allegra

Old 22-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Jane

hehehe...sorry Allegra...I wasn't thinking ther could be anyone colder than
i've been this winter. I'm in Maryland. Where are you??? It has to come
eventually doesn't it?
Crossing my fingers for you.
Jane
"Allegra" wrote in message
news1Qea.166799$eG2.21676@sccrnsc03...

Old 22-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Allegra

"Jane" wrote in message
hehehe...sorry Allegra...I wasn't thinking ther could be anyone colder

than
i've been this winter. I'm in Maryland. Where are you??? It has to come
eventually doesn't it?
Crossing my fingers for you.
Jane

A very wet Portland, Oregon where we are going from
an afternoon high of 61 to a hail storm in less than 5
minutes. The roses are beginning to awake and we are
ready to start spraying for powdery mildew, as Zephirine
is beginning to look (she never really lost all of her leaves)
as if she has taken a shower in ashes.

So, happy Spring to you too, and keep those fingers
crossed, I have so much to do out there and I can't
until the rain stops.

Allegra

Old 22-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Shiva

Jane wrote:

It's Spring!

Yippee!

The Tulip bulbs are just beginning to poke through and the
roses are starting to show signs of life.

We are a bit ahead of you--moreso because you all had that heavy snow.
Forsythia began blooming a week ago, and pear and cherry trees are in
bloom no, along with those trees that look like weeping willows but are
not--they are my favorites, they have cascading branches of the pales
pink, tiny flowers. Tulip trees (I think they are, they have HUGE truly
magenta blooms) are blooming sans foliage, which looks hilarious. Jonquils
and daffodils are in full display. My crocus began two weeks ago. My roses
are full of pretty red growth. I think it's neat how you can tell a
strong, vigorous rose by the way it leafs out in the spring. Best yet is
Rio Samba and Don Juan.

I thought it would never get
here.

Me too! Do you have lots of noisy birds? We have some new ones whose calls
I do not know. And, yesterday I was driving down Six Forks Road and saw a
big redtailed hawk standing in someone's front yard on a side street.
Signs of too-fast development in North Raleigh. I stopped and looked at
him until he took off. What a wingspan, and I love their creamy, speckled
bellies and russet backs. I think he was after voles or moles.

My new roses are planted and the rain yesterday helped them get
settled.

I still have ALL of mine to plant, so you are way ahead of me. Must be a
nice feeling.

Happy Spring!

Jane