Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2003, 08:20 PM
delirium

Default Sunny Delite

Greetings, mighty rose people.
I have a mystery. I purchased 4 roses from Kmart this weekend. (aiiee)
Yea, I know, but they were $6 apiece and big, healthy looking specimens.
I have been able to find info on 3 out of the 4 rose varieties, but the
last is a mystery. Its tag lists it as 'Sunny Delite'. It is a strong
yellow rose. Although it is mostly upright, one branch is drooping in
such a way that I wonder if it is intended to be a climber or some such.
I would be interested in any reviews, personal experiences with this
rose. I live in Raleigh, zone 7. Soil is red clay to which I have been
adding compost for a few years. The spot I have been selecting gets a
fair amount of sun, but not direct afternoon sun.

-Jenn

p.s. The other 3 roses were Chrysler Imperial, Circus Rose and Baroness
Rothschild. Based on info I have been able to find it seems that all but
the Baroness are well regarded but I would be interested in others'
experiences.