Old 30-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Dgaim

Default unknown plague

My Fantin-Latour, for the past year, has had deformity of most new canes.
There will be healthy canes, healthy canes with some distorted leaves, and
diseased canes. I have pruned off all diseased canes with sterile pruners and
destroyed them. I don't know how else to describe the damage. Affected mature
leaves are shriveled and don't open. There's a spiky-witches broom appearance
to the affected canes. I've looked in all my books without success.

Many thanks
Old 30-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Bill Smith

"Dgaim" wrote in message
My Fantin-Latour, for the past year, has had deformity of most new canes.
There will be healthy canes, healthy canes with some distorted leaves, and
diseased canes. I have pruned off all diseased canes with sterile pruners

and
destroyed them. I don't know how else to describe the damage. Affected

mature
leaves are shriveled and don't open. There's a spiky-witches broom

appearance
to the affected canes. I've looked in all my books without success.

Many thanks

sounds like Rose Rosette Disease, or RRD. Google that and read up, it's
pretty serious stuff.

Old 30-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Allegra

This is perhaps the most comprehensive study done
to date and it may very well be what you need to read.

http://web.ntown.net/~apeck/

Good luck,

Allegra

Old 30-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Cass

Dgaim wrote:

My Fantin-Latour, for the past year, has had deformity of most new
canes. There will be healthy canes, healthy canes with some distorted
leaves, and diseased canes. I have pruned off all diseased canes
with sterile pruners and destroyed them. I don't know how else to
describe the damage. Affected mature leaves are shriveled and don't
open. There's a spiky-witches broom appearance to the affected canes.
I've looked in all my books without success.

Sorry to hear this. It seems unlikely that it is Roundup damage for a
whole year, but on the off chance you have the good luck *not* to have
rose rosette, take a look at what Roundup damage looks like on Baldo's
page:

http://www.sactorose.org/rosebug/iabioticdisorders.htm