Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 PM
dave weil

Default Cecile Brunner (Cl)

In the interest of reporting, I just wanted to note that my CB(CL) has
been in continuous bloom since the onset of blooms. That's been about
3 months now. I had the first really big flush back in May, but there
have always been more than just scattered blooms on the plant. I had a
pretty good sized "second flush" that included throwing 2 huge
panticles directly from the base of the plant (not off of a stem).
Here's a pic of it, although it's a bit difficult to see. First is on
May 5th and you can see them growing on the right side (the red
stems):

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/CB1.jpg

A week later:

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/CB2.jpg

Then, almost in full bloom the second week of June:

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/CBJune8.jpg

Other than that bloom, I've always had lots of clusters higher up. As
some fade, others open (and I haven't trimmed any of them up in the
tree, basically because it wold be a pain in the ass...)

I just mention this because this is the first year that I've seen this
(third year). The first two, I only got a very scattered set of blooms
after the flush (and long stretches with *no* blooms). I wonder if
there *are* indeed nonreblooming and reblooming versions, or if the
reporting of nonreblooming plants is just those observing young
specimens. Anybody with experience in this area?

Also, I *wa*s going to ask what I should have done with those
panticles as they've been bare for about 3 weeks now. I was hesitant
to cut them because they didn't grow like a normal cane, and I've now
been rewarded with new growth coming directly out of the fan of canes
at the tip. If they all generate new canes, then I'm going to be
overwhelmed with new growth! The only downside is that they will all
be fairly small diameter canes supported by one BIG HONKIN' basal.
Still, might work well for covering the trunk of the tree.

Just thought I'd throw this out for the record...

Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:25:05 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

In the interest of reporting, I just wanted to note that my CB(CL) has
been in continuous bloom since the onset of blooms. That's been about
3 months now. I had the first really big flush back in May,

Actually, that should read April...

ISO Cecile Bruner bush in Denver Tom Steele Roses 2 12-05-2005 11:12 PM
CL Cecile Brunner Growth habit? Rachel Roses 3 19-04-2005 09:28 PM
poor Cl. Cecile Brunner! Sis Roses 2 29-05-2004 06:02 AM
Spray Cecile Brunner Cecile Brunner (Cl) Radika Kesavan Roses 15 12-07-2003 04:32 AM
Spray Cecile Brunner Cecile Brunner (Cl) Radika Kesavan Roses 0 10-07-2003 06:17 PM