Old 31-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Buying from Ashdown Sunsprite

James Delahanty wrote:

I would recommend Ashdown, as I found their service and the quality
of their plants to be excellent, but this was two years ago. I am
not sure how they have done since then.

Actually, Ashdown had some glitches in the first year and a half of
operation. But since Kathy Edberg has taken on the role of manager of
operations, the process seems to have smoothed out considerably.

That is very good to know.

Of course, I was lucky enough to get excellent service from them even in
their first year and a half, but to those who encountered the glitches,
that is no comfort. Glad to know that they have got all processes ironed
out now. Of course, the selection of roses they offer for sale is very
impressive.

--
Radika
California

Old 31-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Shiva

Radika Kesavan wrote:

Of course, I was lucky enough to get excellent service from them even in
their first year and a half, but to those who encountered the glitches,
that is no comfort.

I have never had anything but excellent results from Ashdown--in terms of
receiving the roses I ordered when requested, and in terms of Paul's
customer service. He has been very approachable and answered all my
questions via email. However---when my bare roots arrived, they were, of
course, on multiflora. The whole different look of them made me feel
uneasy, though I was willing to give them a try. (Also, I am still
uncertain if there is any greater risk of Rose Rosette to roses on
multiflora rootstick--nobody has adequately addressed my concerns, or even
given me a "no, stupid!") Worst of all, I had to leave the country on last
minute's notice, and the bare roots (Distant Drums, Westerland, and
Abraham Darby, I think?) dried out. My fault. So the long of it is, after
all of it, I still have no idea of how Ashdown's grafted roses on
multiflora do here.

Ashdown Kate Kaercher Roses 13 03-03-2011 05:33 PM
Sunsprite hardy? was Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose? R & L Porter Roses 17 27-05-2003 01:33 AM
Fragrant roses Sunsprite Radika Kesavan Roses 5 02-02-2003 06:38 AM
Sunsprite Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation Radika Kesavan Roses 8 02-02-2003 06:27 AM