Old 19-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Lisa Horton

Default what is best nutrient for growing plants

There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer right?
Old 19-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Cereus-validus

High nitrogen fertilizer for what?

What are you calling high nitrogen fertilizer?

And why are you cross-posting garden questions to botany and photography
newsgroups?

om...

Old 19-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Nivek

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message
om...
There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer

right?

You can always defecate (expulsion of feces through the anus) on your
plants. It may smell like sh*t for a while but it works. ;-)

Old 19-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Sandy

Lisa, ignore those idiots that responded so rudely. They need to" get a
life!" Sandy

Old 19-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Paul H.

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message
om...
There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer

right?

Try shredding copies of all the crossposted messages and using them as
mulch.

Old 19-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Mike Lyle

"Nivek" wrote in message ...
"Lisa Horton" wrote in message
om...
There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer

right?

You can always defecate (expulsion of feces through the anus) on your
plants. It may smell like sh*t for a while but it works. ;-)

Needless to say, that won't work. I thought it was a perfectly
reasonable question, Lisa. Best to look it up in a proper book, which
is unlikely to reply with gratuitous impertinence (I take it the
massive cross-posting was what annoyed our friend). Meanwhile, the
usual balanced fertilizers will feed most plants ok: follow the
instructions on the packet, and don't overdo it. The high-nitrogen
ones are more for leaf growth -- like the ones farmers use for grass.
There's no long-term substitute for a well-nourished soil, though, as
plants need more than just the three main chemicals: in fact, most of
the time what they really crave is good moisture-retention coupled
with aeration such as they get from a soil rich in the breakdown
products of other plants.

Houseplants and others in containers are the main ones which want a
boost from the packet. Changing their soil or compost every couple of
years is a good idea for many of them.

A few plants need special diets; but you probably haven't got one of
these.

Mike.
Old 19-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Cereus-validus

Got a life.

What you need Sandy Balls is a clue.

Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
Horndog.

Old 20-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Peter Chant

In article ,
"Cereus-validus" writes:
Got a life.

What you need Sandy Balls is a clue.

Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
Horndog.

Actually I think it is a troll pretending to be Lisa.

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old 20-04-2004, 07:05 AM
nswong

Hi Cereus-validus,

Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
Horndog.

It may be she/he are simply don't know that cross-posting are not welcome by
most of the UseNet user. When we are new to something, we may do wrong. I
believe that point out clearly what are wrong are the better approach than
become angry.

I do trim headers reply to rec.gardens only in the previous post. This
current cross-posting are to reply you.

Sorry for my bad English, no offendding. :-)

BTW: Below are part of the nettiquette(Internet ettiquette) I keep in my
notes, hope this help. I do know that is not right to post the whole text
here, but can't remember the address already. Sorry about that.

Regards,
Wong

[From Microsoft]
Rules of Conduct

Appropriate Language: The purpose of our communities is to exchange
technical information and expertise about Microsoft products. Please avoid
personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.

Relevance to Topics: Please make sure that your postings in newsgroups and
chats are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to
drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for
everyone, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as
possible.

[From Borland]
NEWSGROUP ETIQUETTE

Keep quoted text to a minimum. When quoting a previous post, edit out the
non-relevant parts of the message. Remove salutations and signatures. A good
rule of thumb is, there should not be more quoted text than new text.

NOTE: Under certain circumstances your message may be cancelled for quoting
style. One such circumstance is quoting a message that is subsequently
determined to be in violation of the newsgroup rules; when the message in
violation is cancelled, your message quoting it will also be cancelled.
Another special case is EXTREME over-quoting. If you post a very brief reply
to a very long message, and you quote the entire message, your message may
be cancelled.

Separate paragraphs with a blank line. Also, separate your text from quoted
text with a blank line.

If you include quoted text in your message, be considerate and clean up the
margins and line breaks in the quoted material. Quoted text is typically
preceded by a character indicating that it is quoted, and this additional
character increases the line length. The longer line length can cause the
message editor to re-parse the line and insert new line breaks that conflict
with the existing line breaks.

Spelling and grammar count. The only part of you that the members of the
newsgroup see is your typed words. Sending a poorly written message is like
giving a speech in a dirty shirt. Of course, if your native language is
something other than English, this consideration is reduced.

Stay on topic. When you post a reply to a message ask yourself, "Does the
subject line describe the contents of my message?" If the answer is no, you
probably want to revise your message or modify the subject. Modifying the
subject helps other members of the newsgroup determine if your message or
thread has information of interest to them.

Write conservatively, read forgivingly. Communication in a pure text medium,
such as a newsgroup, is prone to misunderstanding, often due to the lack of
non-verbal cues such as inflections, facial expression and body language.
Given this, it is best to be conservative with expressions of anger and
sarcasm when writing. When reading, assume good intent; if a message can be
taken two ways, assume the friendliest meaning.

Remember, your words will last a long time. With news archiving services,
the whole world can read your words, long after you have written them. Think
twice about what you say.

[From C# newsgroup FAQ]
Choose the right group
There are many different newsgroups under the microsoft.public.dotnet.*
hierarchy, and sometimes it isn't clear which newsgroup is the most
appropriate one to use. Very few people seem to get hung up about this, but
for your own benefit it's worth considering where you're likely to get the
best answers. For instance, if you're asking an ASP.NET question (even if
your code is in C#) then the ASP.NET group is probably the best one to use.

Cross-posting (posting the same article to multiple groups) and
multi-posting (posting multiple articles with the same text, each to a
single group) is fairly widespread on the .NET groups, but both are frowned
upon in conventional netiquette, particularly multi-posting which fragments
the discussion and often leads to people wasting time answering a question
on one group when it's already been answered on another. I would suggest
picking a single group (after careful consideration) and posting there, then
waiting for a couple of days to see if you get any replies - if you don't,
pick another single group. (If you get replies which you don't consider very
helpful from the first group, explain why they're not helpful on that group
rather than just moving on and posting in another group - you may well get
the answers you're after that way.)

Old 20-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Lisa Horton

nswong wrote:

Hi Cereus-validus,

Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
Horndog.

It may be she/he are simply don't know that cross-posting are not welcome by
most of the UseNet user. When we are new to something, we may do wrong. I
believe that point out clearly what are wrong are the better approach than
become angry.

I'm Lisa Horton, and the post that started this thread was not from me.
It was a fake by a troll.

Despite Valid Cereal's insulting words, I choose to assume that he/she
is either too new to Usenet to decipher message headers, or as yet
incapable of same.

Lisa
Old 20-04-2004, 08:06 PM
nswong

Hi Lisa Horton,

I'm Lisa Horton, and the post that started this thread was not from me.
It was a fake by a troll.

Agriculture are my hobby, but I'm new to rec.gardens. Without a search in
Google, I can say nothing. But from the original post it give me an
impression that it may be two Lisa Horton here, one of them does not know
nettiquette well.

Despite Valid Cereal's insulting words, I choose to assume that he/she
is either too new to Usenet to decipher message headers, or as yet
incapable of same.

Your header: feed3.news.rcn.net
Her header: postnews1.google.com
Entries in the header can be forge, but even it's intact, it tell nothing to
me.
I do post from my ISP NNTP server, but sometime also posted through Google
even at days when it's deja-news.

Sincerely speeking, I does not intent to tease you or had any bad meaning, I
just said what I know. Of course, what I know can be wrong. :-)

Hi All,

Sorry about the off topic and cross posting.

Best Whishes,
Wong