Old 19-05-2004, 05:04 AM
ben boorman

Default please recommend a easy growing big flower rose for an anxious

http://w3.goodnews.net/~kkrugh/rose/shade1.htm

http://home.hiwaay.net/~oliver/sgrosesshade.htm

Ben

Frank wrote:

Dear experts,

I live in SF bay area. I'm thinking of adding roses to my northeast
facing balcony. It is really a rose season now. Roses are everywhere.
Some are soooo huge and striking! I really cannot resist the
temperation! The spot I have for it will probably get 3-4 hours
afternoon sun, sometimes under some tree shade. Is this ok for roses?
I have a 6" minirose growing on the balcony and flowering profusely.
But I want to have the type that produces big big flowers. Could you
please recommend a easy growing type for me? I have access to HD,
Walmart, OSH. Hope they have the type you recommended. BTW, How many
months can I expect this plant to add color to my balcony? ie. how
long is the flowering season? Am I close to the end of it?

Thanks a lot and anxiously waiting for your suggestions!

Tiff