Old 24-02-2005, 03:38 AM
torgo

Default Wayside cutting back on roses?

I finally called Wayside Gardens today to get replacements for roses I
ordered last year that didn't make it through the summer and/or the
recent ice storm (and falling tree).

I browsed the list to get the item numbers for replacement and found
that several aren't being carried this year. Oh well, I'll have to
get those replacements elsewhere.

It's normal for vendors to carry limited numbers of items, and it's
also perfectly natural to discontinue some to make room for new items.

But this year Wayside only added four new roses to their catalog -
Honey Dijon, Lasting Love, Midnight Blue and Pink Knock Out. After
ordering my replacements, I looked at the web site again and found at
least six missing that I know for a fact they carried last year -
Party Time, Paris d'Yves St. Laurent, Bride's Dream, Pascali,
Scentimental, and Silver Shadows. Sunset Celebration, Octoberfest,
Granada and Oklahoma are also absent, though I'm not certain they were
there in 2004.

So with only four added (so far) and at least six dropped, it appears
Wayside might be scaling the rose selection back a bit this year.

cutting Back Roses [email protected] North Carolina 1 02-11-2008 12:22 AM
Is Wayside Insane? animaux Gardening 23 20-12-2003 04:33 AM
cutting back on cutting back Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 23-09-2003 12:04 AM
Wayside Order clc Roses 4 11-04-2003 02:44 PM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' - one ex Wayside employee J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 25-01-2003 03:16 PM