Old 18-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Gail Futoran

Default Newbie Paranoia or Black Spot? (4/4)

Please don't post binaries (photos) to text-only
newsgroups. Rather, go to one of the binaries
groups, post your photos there, then come here
and tell us what the subject header is.
For example: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Gail

Old 18-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Elphaba

Sorry, I didn't realize this was text only. Thanks.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 16:37:16 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

Please don't post binaries (photos) to text-only
newsgroups. Rather, go to one of the binaries
groups, post your photos there, then come here
and tell us what the subject header is.
For example: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Gail

"Elphaba" wrote in message
.. .

Old 18-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Gail Futoran

"Elphaba" wrote in message
Sorry, I didn't realize this was text only. Thanks.

No problem. I tried to open one of your posts
and got garbage (text nonsense) so I was willing
to take a look, I just couldn't (or rather my software
couldn't) translate. Let us know if you post the photos
elsewhere (binary group or web site) and perhaps
someone here can identify the problem.

I tend to ignore blackspot since on healthy roses
it's usually not a problem, just visually unsightly.
And since I lose the battle with weeds every
year, a bit of blackspot isn't a concern. Some
people spray; I avoid it, but I'm in a good location
where I don't need to spray. Location is critical.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 18-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Elphaba

Bizarre about the pictures. I went on and posted them here on my site:

http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves.jpg
http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves2.jpg
http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves3.jpg
http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves4.jpg

I'm in Memphis, Zone 7. Thanks again!

On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:39:05 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

.. .

Old 19-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Gail Futoran

"Elphaba" wrote in message
Bizarre about the pictures. I went on and posted them here on my site:

http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves.jpg
http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves2.jpg
http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves3.jpg
http://www.dancinman.com/~sirius/mygarden/bgleaves4.jpg

I'm in Memphis, Zone 7. Thanks again!

The third photo seems to show blackspot. Unless it
involves a lot of the leaves, you can always pull off
those leaves infected. It's a fungus and there are
various treatments, including organic (involving
baking soda, I believe). Or, as I mentioned earlier,
you can just ignore it if it's not hurting the plant.

Here's a link to the American Rose Society:
http://www.ars.org/
If you find the link to Articles on the front page,
you will see a list of articles including several on
rose diseases including treatment.

There are other sites that show rose diseases,
unfortunately I lost most of my bookmarks in
a recent computer crash so I can't give you
directions. A google search on rose diseases
would be useful. Actually I did my own search
and found one of the links I lost! It's a good one:
http://members.tripod.com/buggyrose/

Hope that helps -
Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 21-05-2005, 01:15 AM
richardsfault

Another acceptable method is to post hyperlinks to pictures:

http://richardsfault.filesbox.com/images/hodges/009.jpg

Of course, you have to have a website/online space to do this, so it's
not for everyone.

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...

Richard's fault!

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
Old 22-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Nancy G.

While it looks as if there may be some black spot, most of the
discolored places looked more like residue water on the leaves. The
leaves will sun burn more easily because the water acts like a prism
and concentrates the light in one place and the leaves can't react to
the light because of it. The scalded areas will be lighter in color,
then turn black. Try watering at the root and avoid sprinkling leaves,
during the heat of the day and too late in the afternoon and evening.