Old 26-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Dana Schultz

Default minature rose pest

I have noticed on my miniature rose that the underside of the leaves are
covered with an orange group of eggs. In some cases the spot have 'burned'
through the leaves. My rose books do not offer an opinion. Can anyone help?
--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid

Old 27-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Gail Futoran

"Dana Schultz" wrote in message
.. .

I have noticed on my miniature rose that the underside of the leaves are
covered with an orange group of eggs. In some cases the spot have 'burned'
through the leaves. My rose books do not offer an opinion. Can anyone
help?
--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid

Doesn't sound familiar to me. I found several
possibilities in my Ortho's All About Roses book,
but nothing definitive.

Check out Baldo's site:
http://members.tripod.com/buggyrose/

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 27-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Henry

Dana Schultz wrote:
I have noticed on my miniature rose that the underside of the leaves are
covered with an orange group of eggs. In some cases the spot have 'burned'
through the leaves. My rose books do not offer an opinion. Can anyone help?

Are you sure they are eggs? Rose rust (caused by species of Phragmidium
fungus) can look a bit like eggs on the underside of leaves. Here are
some links with pictures:

http://www.sactorose.org/ipm/83roserust.htm
http://www.thewaterwisegarden.com/rust.htm
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0600/rose_rust.asp

--
Henry

moving a minature rose. Glassman Roses 2 20-04-2011 06:43 PM
Vine with minature grapes MAP Texas 4 29-06-2006 02:45 PM
Minature cattails RED1102 Ponds 12 19-04-2004 03:03 PM
Growing Micro/Minature Roses Indoors Marshall Dermer Roses 7 12-03-2004 11:24 PM
Minature lady bird - or pest? Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 12 15-07-2003 09:59 AM