Old 14-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Paul D.Smith

Default Minature lady bird - or pest?

I have just come across what looks like the world's smallest lady birds.
Given these beetles appear to have just hatched (a small cluster of these
little beetles next to what look like a cluster of egss on a leaf), and
knowing that lady birds have a larval stage, I'm guessing these are
something else.

They are about 2-3mm long at present, and resident on a Broom bush, in case
that's relevent.

Anyone know what these are?

Thanks,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

Old 14-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Pickle

I had something like that on an iris leaf and decided after looking at book
and internet pics that they were baby green shield bugs. They weren't even
green and did look a little like tiny ladybirds so maybe yours are the same?

. net...

Old 14-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Chrille

Check this out, and see if your bug is among them.

http://vegipm.tamu.edu/imageindex.html

/Chrille

. net...

Old 15-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Paul D.Smith

I haven't found a picture of a young one on the web but it does sound like
it from the descriptions, and we certainly see quite a few adults around the
garden.

Thanks,
Paul DS.

Old 15-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Paul D.Smith

I haven't found a picture of a young one on the web but it does sound like
it from the descriptions, and we certainly see quite a few adults around the
garden.

Thanks,
Paul DS.

Den. Lady Fay - Den. Lady Fay 03.jpg [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 0 10-10-2008 08:06 PM
minature rose pest Dana Schultz Roses 3 31-05-2005 06:01 AM
Minature cattails RED1102 Ponds 12 19-04-2004 03:03 PM
Growing Micro/Minature Roses Indoors Marshall Dermer Roses 7 12-03-2004 11:24 PM
If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird? Peter Gregson Gardening 9 05-11-2003 10:02 PM