Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Default Harvest worker required (UK)

We need a worker to drive tractors.
Primarily carting grains and cultivations.
Valid driving license required.

July-Aug (essential) optional sept.
Good sized caravan available (6-berth: unoccupied) adjacent to hot
shower and washing facilities; self catering.

References and work permit (if needed) required.

We offer flat rate 8 pounds/hr, overtime as required (not optional).
Guaranteed 39hrs/wk minimum.

Contact me via email.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Dean Hoffman

On 1/2/03 12:15 PM, in article , "Oz"
wrote:

We need a worker to drive tractors.
Primarily carting grains and cultivations.
Valid driving license required.

July-Aug (essential) optional sept.
Good sized caravan available (6-berth: unoccupied) adjacent to hot
shower and washing facilities; self catering.

References and work permit (if needed) required.

We offer flat rate 8 pounds/hr, overtime as required (not optional).
Guaranteed 39hrs/wk minimum.

That's about $12.80 U.S./hour. Pretty good money for temporary help.

Dean

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Dean Hoffman writes

That's about $12.80 U.S./hour. Pretty good money for temporary help.

I thought so. Interestingly not a single bite so far.

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Oz writes

We need a worker to drive tractors.

Response : zero.

Will now try more conventional routes.

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Hamish Macbeth

"Oz" wrote in message
Oz writes

We need a worker to drive tractors.

Response : zero.

It just goes tto show, people will just not work for employers with
strong views on relativity

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Dave Roberts

In article , Oz
writes
Oz writes

We need a worker to drive tractors.

Response : zero.

Let's face it, would anyone here *really* want Oz as a boss ?
--
Cheers
Dave
Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Jim Sewell

" Let's face it, would anyone here *really* want Oz as a boss ?

?????????????????????
Does he have a Roman Villa under his soil ?

sorry

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
David P

In article , dave@studio-
33.co.uk says...
In article , Oz
writes
Oz writes

We need a worker to drive tractors.

Response : zero.

Let's face it, would anyone here *really* want Oz as a boss ?

Hmm, interesting question. I have never met him but his posts on various
things over the years I've been reading tend to show an almost dual
personality at times. I reckon, withno justification whatsoever, that he
could actually be a good boss if you knew what you were doing.
--
David
Visit http://www.farm-direct.co.uk for your local farmgate food supplies.
Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Michelle Fulton

"David P" wrote in message

I have never met him but his posts on various
things over the years I've been reading tend to show an almost dual
personality at times. I reckon, withno justification whatsoever, that he
could actually be a good boss if you knew what you were doing.

I agree, but I wouldn't want him to have to tell/show me how to do something
more than once ;-)

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Old Codger

"Dave Roberts" wrote in message
In article , Oz
writes
Oz writes

We need a worker to drive tractors.

Response : zero.

Let's face it, would anyone here *really* want Oz as a boss ?

Not having met Oz I wouldn't know. His postings in this group suggest
he could be a bit of a sod, he holds some very strong opinions but has
considerable knowledge over a wide area. He also appears to like a
good discussion (strong argument), will probe hard looking for
weaknesses in your argument but will often accept another viewpoint,
once he has satisfied himself that you know what you are talking
about. However it is dangerous to categorise people on the basis of
such limited knowledge. He could be a very good boss although I
suspect he expects his employees to be competent at their work and
would extract his "pound of flesh". If I wanted a job as a tractor
driver, or even if I just wanted a job, I would apply. In the event
that I was offered the job, then I would make up my mind using the
information I had gleaned from the interview (with Oz or his foreman).

For many years I had a boss who, by and large, fitted the above
description. I first encountered him when, as an apprentice, I was
attached to his section. The boss I was leaving expressed sympathy
since I was going to be working for "a mad idiot". On completion of
my apprenticeship I applied for, and obtained, a position in the "mad
idiot's" department. He and his deputy are the best two bosses I have
had. I was expected to be competent over quite a wide area and I was
expected to give at least 110%. I was always supported, particularly
after I had messed up. I could always discuss work (and personal)
problems and they were prepared to accept that I had a point and could
be right. I suspect Oz might be similar.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Hamish Macbeth

"Old Codger" wrote in message
I suspect Oz might be similar.

You have likened Oz to Marconi Management, he may not understand the
implications of that

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Jim Sewell writes

Does he have a Roman Villa under his soil ?

No, the roman farmhouse is probably about 100m away (uphill).

Roman small denomination coins are so common as to be discarded.

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Michelle Fulton writes

I agree, but I wouldn't want him to have to tell/show me how to do something
more than once ;-)

Twice is OK, expected even.
Ten times, though, and I tend to be getting a bit short.

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Oz

Hamish Macbeth writes

You have likened Oz to Marconi Management, he may not understand the
implications of that

Ah.

Hmmm.

A cleaver insult, then?

Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Michelle Fulton

"Oz" wrote in message

Twice is OK, expected even.
Ten times, though, and I tend to be getting a bit short.

I'm embarrassed when I have to ask twice. I'd probably quit before I'd ask
a 10th time :-o

I was thinking that you'd probably be one of the more honest folks to work
for and then I was surprised to see Sarah saying she wouldn't want to do
business with you (I think she's just frustrated with you right about now).
From reading your posts over these few months, I gather you are of a
personality type that could not tolerate being anything less than a man of
your word.