Old 09-07-2003, 09:05 AM
jitney

Default US Bully: Sign war crime immunity agreement, or lose veterinary program aid

--Rire d'un Américain! s'écria J.-T. Maston, mais voilà un casus
belli!... (De la terre à la lune, par Jules Verne)

Thus far, countries such as China, Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, USA,
Libya, Burma, Pakistan, have refused to sign the ICC Treaty.

Guilt by association? An old Stalinist tactic. Then by bleating in
French, you associate yourself with a people that returns our gift of
liberation from fascism and Germany with open betrayal. A nation that
has so little manhood left that she brings in Africans and Arabs to
impregnate her women. Quite a crowd that you associate yourself with.
BTW, this is a science forum, not a crybaby forum, so do us a favor
and shutup.-Jitney

Old 09-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Gordon Couger

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On 7 Jul 2003 01:18:34 -0700, (jitney) wrote:

In essence, US reaction to the establishment of an International
Criminal Court has been to try to force through the establishment of
international law as one for American citizens -- and another for the
rest of the world. It is a classic case of American double standards,
easy to see for the rest of us, but strangely invisible to Americans.

(snip)

Oh, quit bleating and whining, you tortured bitch. Nobody but a fellow
Euroweenie wants to listen to your pseudomoral bellyaching. Just shut
your dirty mouth and do something useful for once.-Jitney

Thus far, countries such as China, Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, USA,
Libya, Burma, Pakistan, have refused to sign the ICC Treaty.

Torsten,

I have explained how treaties work in this country. They must pass the
senate. 100 Americans 2 from each state which give them a heavy conservitive
bias. The majority of people of this country see no reason that others have
any seventy over the US what so ever. We do not like the idea of progressive
taxes. We don't like paying the lions share of he UN and we don't like
doing you wet work and we will never allow a UN leader to lead US troop
again after turning tail and running and living our boys to die.

The Kyoto treaty has a better chance of passing than that one. The world can
cry whine and get it's panties in a wad all it wants we will not put one
Americans life in foreign hands after the way we have been treated. Too much
of the world disagrees with the way we do things. We will not give them
sacrificial lambs.

I don't think it is right but people like you, France, South Africa and the
Arab world we don't trust for a fair trial. Nor will this president make
nice noises about it like the last one did about Kyoto knowing full well
that less that 10 senators world vote for its passage.

Gordon

Old 09-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Torsten Brinch

On 9 Jul 2003 00:34:34 -0700, (jitney) wrote:

BTW, this is a science forum

Nope, according to the sci.agriculture charter:
"This newsgroup is intended for the discussion of any topics related
to farming and agriculture."

Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Jim Webster

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On 9 Jul 2003 00:34:34 -0700, (jitney) wrote:

BTW, this is a science forum

Nope, according to the sci.agriculture charter:
"This newsgroup is intended for the discussion of any topics related
to farming and agriculture."

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
199 US casualties as at 28 June
http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/chronlist.html

min 5570 max 7243 reported Iraqi civilian casualties as at 29 June
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/bodycount.htm

We must take this opportunity to publically thank torsten for such useful
agricultural statistics

Jim Webster

Old 13-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Torsten Brinch

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:13:02 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .

Thus far, countries such as China, Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, USA,
Libya, Burma, Pakistan, have refused to sign the ICC Treaty.

I have explained how treaties work in this country. They must pass the
senate. 100 Americans 2 from each state which give them a heavy conservitive
bias. The majority of people of this country see no reason that others have
any seventy over the US what so ever. We do not like the idea of progressive
taxes. We don't like paying the lions share of he UN and we don't like
doing you wet work and we will never allow a UN leader to lead US troop
again after turning tail and running and living our boys to die.

As librarian said, that's the funny thing about America: Always that
dark undercurrent of racism, fervid nationalism, unhealthy patriotism,
smug I-got-mine-ism, lethal NIMBYism, and pompous assertion of moral
(and any other kind of) superiority at the drop of a bucket.

The Kyoto treaty has a better chance of passing than that one. The world can
cry whine and get it's panties in a wad all it wants we will not put one
Americans life in foreign hands after the way we have been treated.

Also funny, how lethargically many Americans default to regurgitating
the propaganda lies their government has told them, despite having the
best access to the most modern information technology in the world.

FACT: The Court will have no jurisdiction over crimes committed on
U.S. soil unless the United States ratifies its treaty. As regards
American citizens accused of crimes overseas, they are already subject
to foreign jurisdiction. This is a basic and well-established
principle of international law. If an American citizen or service
member is accused today of a serious crime in Japan or Germany, for
example, Japan or Germany have the right to try him, even if the
United States wants to prosecute the crime itself. Countries that
ratify the Rome Treaty are simply exercising their sovereign right to
allow an international court to prosecute certain crimes committed on
their territory rather than conducting these trials themselves.

Too much
of the world disagrees with the way we do things. We will not give them
sacrificial lambs.

FACT: The ICC will provide defendants with greater due process rights
and protections than many countries to which the United States
extradites its own citizens. Moreover, unlike national courts that try
Americans, it must defer to American justice when the United States is
willing to investigate and prosecute an alleged crime itself.

I don't think it is right but people like you, France, South Africa and the
Arab world we don't trust for a fair trial.

FACT: The ICC Treaty establishes strict criteria for the selection of
the prosecutor and the judges, requiring experts whose reputation,
moral character and independence are beyond reproach. They will be
prohibited from any activity during their term in office that might
jeopardize their independence, and will be excused from particular
cases if there is any question of partiality. The judges will be
accountable to an assembly of member states and can be removed by a
simple vote of those countries in the unlikely event that they abuse
their powers.

Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign Rajinder Nijjhar United Kingdom 7 20-03-2010 10:05 AM
Garden bully George.com Gardening 7 17-12-2007 09:51 AM
Cyber Bullying: The Serial Bully. HELP EXPOSE your local bully for what they are......... Galaxy United Kingdom 0 10-04-2007 10:12 AM
Two Acre Wood (Red Bellied Bully) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 3 08-02-2007 11:13 AM
Bungling US Bully shoots itself in the foot Torsten Brinch sci.agriculture 0 05-07-2003 02:08 AM