Old 03-12-2005, 12:25 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jim

Default Public school irriigation

Live in Wimberley. Just wondering why they were watering the grass on the
high school football field in December. Kinda in a drought period here,
seen similar weather reports about lack of rain/burn ban in Austin area.
They don't have winter type grass on the field here.

How about the Austin folks, seen similar?

Anyone know why?

--
Jonny

Old 03-12-2005, 02:46 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article et,
"Jim" wrote:

Live in Wimberley. Just wondering why they were watering the grass on the
high school football field in December. Kinda in a drought period here,
seen similar weather reports about lack of rain/burn ban in Austin area.
They don't have winter type grass on the field here.

How about the Austin folks, seen similar?

Anyone know why?

Sprinkler systems are automated.

I've seen the grass at work being watered when it's raining. ;-)
--
Om.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:49 PM posted to austin.gardening
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Wonder no more, see what I hi-lited and underscored below. Football is king
in Texas, and if watering the field will keep the grass green, well dang it,
we will water the football field even though we are in a severe drought.

Regards,

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Old 03-12-2005, 11:51 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jim

My newsreader prevents me from opening enclosed files, safety concern. I'll
let your words color the picture for me. Plain text only for usenet,
thanks.

--
Jonny

Old 03-12-2005, 11:59 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jim

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
In article et,
"Jim" wrote:

Live in Wimberley. Just wondering why they were watering the grass on

the
high school football field in December. Kinda in a drought period here,
seen similar weather reports about lack of rain/burn ban in Austin area.
They don't have winter type grass on the field here.

How about the Austin folks, seen similar?

Anyone know why?

Sprinkler systems are automated.

I've seen the grass at work being watered when it's raining. ;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

Nicholson

That would be a good excuse if it was the federal government. Oops, it
is....
--
Jonny

Old 04-12-2005, 03:46 PM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen

You mean the baseball field? The football field is artificial turf!!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
Sometimes the Lord calms the storm,
and sometimes He lets the storm rage

nk.net...

Old 04-12-2005, 03:49 PM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen

Bwahahahahahahaha!
Maybe they decided the fake grass might grow more if it had a bit of water?
Or they are rewarding the grass for our winning season and hoping it will
help us get the state championship!
With smiles and laughter,
Kathleen

Old 05-12-2005, 05:01 AM posted to austin.gardening
J Kolenovsky

Could it be an example of ignorant environmental stewardship? Stuff like
that and others makes me think to myself, ignorant sob. Or insensitive.
Wonder what all they gonna do when there's no more oil left in the
ground? http://www.endofsuburbia.com, http://www.peakoil.org

Jim wrote:
Live in Wimberley. Just wondering why they were watering the grass on the
high school football field in December. Kinda in a drought period here,
seen similar weather reports about lack of rain/burn ban in Austin area.
They don't have winter type grass on the field here.

How about the Austin folks, seen similar?

Anyone know why?

--
J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource

a public apology zhanataya Gardening 1 11-02-2012 01:20 AM
Public Nuisance Yards Rusty Mase Texas 4 26-06-2003 04:33 AM
Public Meeting Roger Davies Permaculture 8 17-06-2003 07:32 AM
[IBC] Bonsai Public Relations Carl L Rosner Bonsai 1 03-05-2003 09:44 PM
Public Space - Meadow - Nature reserve - Help - Free seeds Richard G Seddon United Kingdom 3 30-03-2003 02:33 AM