Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Chris Brodie

Default Sun Flowers

Hello

I am new to this group and I am wandering if anyone can tell me why my
sunflower has about six flower heads growing from the stem? Is this
normal? I have never seen this before.

Thanking you in advance for your kind co-operation.

Chris Brodie

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Leona Henderson

Chris Brodie wrote:

Hello

I am new to this group and I am wandering if anyone can tell me why my
sunflower has about six flower heads growing from the stem? Is this
normal? I have never seen this before.

Thanking you in advance for your kind co-operation.

Chris Brodie

On a regular Sun Flower, Neither have I! need to get a picture of that! That, in my memory, is
indeed unusual. What have you been feeding it and have you pinched a bud out?
I do have a plant/shrub from Africa called African Sun (Daisy Shrub or Euryops Chrysanthemoides
(spelling?)) that has many ,many tiny sunny blooms, but not a regular sunflower.
--
nTX USDA Z 7B
Leona
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
John T. Jarrett

I'm in Leander in recently converted fields (to neighborhoods, that is) and
we have sunflowers everywhere about chest or chin high with several flower
stalks radiating out from the main stem. 6 or 12 flowers or whatever per
plant - one main stem per plant.

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
John T. Jarrett

I doubt it - there's barely any dirt over the rock out here.

Plus I would never call them spectacular! They are way prettier than a field
of weeds - don't get me wrong! But scraggly as the dickens! Scratchy, too,
if you walk through a field of them.

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com
Web Design - Program - Host - Maintain - Databases - E-Commerce
$9.95 Nationwide Dial-Up ISP new customers welcome...
"S. Wheeler" wrote in message
m...
isn't this swamp sunflower? We used to have them in Louisiana. . . .they
form huge clumps and are really spectacular. . . .

Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
Anti-Sun flowers? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 23 30-07-2004 04:39 PM
Windy with direct Sun - What flowers? Bill Gardening 2 28-07-2003 10:42 PM
advice needed for choosing flowers for full sun garden Goose Gardening 7 22-06-2003 01:20 PM
Best flowers for clay soil fuul sun Dan Gardening 1 03-05-2003 12:08 PM