Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Anti-Sun flowers?

Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Cheers
Dave R

Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:18:42 +0100, David W.E. Roberts wrote:

Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

The sun reflects off the window and they're looking at that instead?

--
Tim C.
Old 28-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Ben Blackmore

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Cheers
Dave R

--

Ours used to follow the sun around all day, facing east in the morning, and
west in the evening, but then suddenly it just stopped, now only points to

Old 28-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Surely if they were shy, they wouldn't be making eye contact? They'd
have their backs to the windows, facing away from you. In dogs, staring
is a sign of aggression/imminent attack. Be very careful around those
sunflowers.

Janet

Old 28-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Bevan Price

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Cheers
Dave R

What is the sun, please ?
Oh yes, it's that thing that appears in the sky, when/if summer ever reaches here.
My sunflowers are still waiting to come out - or flopping precariously after the strong winds a few days ago (St.
Helens, Lancashire)

Bevan

Old 29-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:18:05 +0100, Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Surely if they were shy, they wouldn't be making eye contact? They'd
have their backs to the windows, facing away from you. In dogs, staring
is a sign of aggression/imminent attack. Be very careful around those
sunflowers.

Janet

Have you read Ringworld by Larry Niven? Those sunflowers were aggressive!
--
Tim C.
Old 29-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Doug.

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the

sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Cheers
Dave

*********
No! - They're probably interested in what you are getting up to, -
likely.
Why don't you behave yourself..
Doug

Old 29-07-2004, 01:53 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:18:05 +0100, Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the

sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Surely if they were shy, they wouldn't be making eye contact? They'd
have their backs to the windows, facing away from you. In dogs, staring
is a sign of aggression/imminent attack. Be very careful around those
sunflowers.

Janet

Have you read Ringworld by Larry Niven? Those sunflowers were aggressive!

Not enough trace metal in the potting compost to build the silver
reflectors, fortunately :-)

Old 29-07-2004, 01:54 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"Doug." wrote in message

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I though sunflowers were supposed to turn their faces to follow the

sun.

Our nosy buggers keep staring in through the sunlounge window.

Could they just be shy?

Cheers
Dave

*********
No! - They're probably interested in what you are getting up to, -
likely.
Why don't you behave yourself..
Doug

Cos it's almost as much fun as gardening??

Old 29-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"David W.E. Roberts" writes:

| Have you read Ringworld by Larry Niven? Those sunflowers were aggressive!
|
| Not enough trace metal in the potting compost to build the silver
| reflectors, fortunately :-)

Don't be over-confident. Aluminium is widespread in soils, especially
clays, and makes good mirrors.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"David W.E. Roberts" writes:

| Have you read Ringworld by Larry Niven? Those sunflowers were aggressive!
|
| Not enough trace metal in the potting compost to build the silver
| reflectors, fortunately :-)

Don't be over-confident. Aluminium is widespread in soils, especially
clays, and makes good mirrors.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Anti Oxidant & Anti Ulcer from Mango Ginger [email protected] Plant Science 0 16-03-2006 02:56 PM
Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
nasty prickly anti cat anti burglar hedges PhilBoy United Kingdom 35 03-02-2005 11:46 AM
Best flowers for clay soil fuul sun Dan Gardening 1 03-05-2003 12:08 PM
Sun Flowers Chris Brodie Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:08 AM